How to remove a hook from your body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove a hook from your body

This guy is pretty crazy for hooking himself for a youtube video but the tactic is right. I've seen this done and it looks much less painful than the old shove it through and clip it off method I've used in the past. It also looks like it would work on those tiny trebles found on smallmouth lures.

I got two out of three of one of those tiny trebles in my thumb one time thanks to a big feisty/slippery trout. I just grabbed it with my needle nose pliers and ripped it out bc I didn't want to mess the hook up. It hurt like hell and bled, but I caught a few more before the day was up so I figured it was worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTUQXpg76xQ
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Whoa! I've read about that tactic but have never seen it done. That is way crazy to do an actual demo!

I once got an earlobe pierced by a buddies errant cast. It went all the way through. Had to clip the barb and push it out. Didn't really hurt that much but it sure bled a lot! What freaked me out more than anything was that it was a plain hook with a nightcrawler on it. Yuk!

Comment

what if your alone

Just deal with it and go home.

Comment

ouch jeez! ive seen that done on some fishing show before, beets pushing it through. caught my wife in the arm a few years ago, now my dad drilled me to always look behind before casting and i did but she walked behind me after i turned and let fly with 3oz and top/bottom 3/0 circle hooks. got her right in the back of the arm i felt it through the rod and heard her yelp. the barb came all the way out thank god, so i cut it and pulled it out. she was a trooper through the whole thing and said that the tetinus shot was worse than the hook.

fished RI De and the guy down from me had a bail malfunction and got a flounder pounder as an earring, that was in there, clipped the line for him and sent him to the ER at BeeBee hospital in lewes

Comment

Ouch... hooking your wife sounds pretty brutal. Awesome that she handled it well! I would have been in the doghouse for sure!

My worst was casting a large crease fly on an eight weight with a strong wind. The fly was too much for the rod and of course I was trying to cast further than I could... wound up with a nice earring. It got me right at the top of the ear and went through as my line shot forward... I clipped it off and switched to a shrimp pattern, never caught the snook and had lost the fly after clipping the point off.

I guess I should have gotten a tetanus shot?
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

she knew that she wasnt paying attention when she walked behind me but now i take a longer look behind before casting. in 45 years of fishing the closest ive come to hooking my self was a treble on a surface popper got hung in the back of my shirt while loading my yak, damn trebles. knock on wood

Comment

Working...
            X