The fish lip gripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fish lip gripper

Does anybody use one of these...would it be a good buy?
    Just wondering. I'm getting my kayak all ready for fishing, just down to minor pieces of gear.
    thanks
    David

David, did you mean to post a link?

I have a boga and some plastic fish gripper things and I actually prefer the plastic ones. Something about being on the kayak with the boga worries me. The plastic ones float and were way cheaper.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te....form23&Go.x=0
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I've never used one. I lip bass and if I can't flip the fish because of its size I use a net.

Comment

just got one that glows in the dark

I'll test it on some huge flatheads in the James, if it can hold those it can hold anything....thanks for the feedback....I'm not hand lipping anything with teeth I almost got a finger bit off by a freakin huge snapping turtle trying to be nice and cutting the line as close to the hook as I could.
        I need my fingers

Comment

i have the plastic lip gripper, it works great. i got the glow in the dark one and they float. anything with teeth or trebles get the lip gripper to keep my fingers attached

Comment

I picked up the flo orange one this spring. Looks like it should work well. I have not caught anything big enough to test it yet

Comment

shoot i caught a 4" oyster cracker and used it on that thing, even the little ones will chew your finger off

Comment

Haha Surf I was going to say the same thing, I've been using mine on everything - sea robins, blues, cats, and a whole lot more soon. They came in handy with the sea robins for sure, I'm not sure if those crab leg spear things hurt, but they kinda freaked me out.

Definitely one of the better purchases I've made for kayak fishing.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

You guys sold me. I just ordered one.

Comment

Don't test it on yourself

I did on my earlobe and I knew it was going to hurt, those muthas clamp harder then they look like they would. Needless to say a fish lip is alot tougher then my earlobe.

Comment

shoot i lipped and lifted a 38" rock in April down at hog point this spring. i stopped by KI kayaks this morning and they have them for 14 bucks

Comment

Working...
                      X