Kent Narrows tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Narrows tonight

So long as I can get a kitchen pass, I'm thinking of heading to the Kent Narrows tonight. Hopefully get there by 6:30 or so if anyone else is up for it. I'll be in the green Hobie.

It may be closer to 7 tonight, but I will be there and would love some company. Just tied a giant flash fly that I will try out tonight. Hope to see you there.

Comment

took 1 up top off the breakwater before dark, then there were fish under some of the dock lights. The current was ripping and a number of boats coming from the bars made for some interesting fishing. Did manage to land 1 on a flash fly. Need to come up with a quick rig to tie off with. Thinking of a crab trap float, line through with a big clip. Open to other suggestions.

Comment

i would like to get out there in the evening, couldn't do it this weekend my wife had an operation on thursday so ive been taking care of her while she recuperates. let me know next time you go

Comment

hopefully the recovery is quick and full, I will let you know. Sometimes alone at night can get a little erie. Part of the reason I have cell, radio, flares and a PLB. that current rips in there.

Comment

Are you staying in under the bridge? The current really rips through there! I've bee thinking of heading that way one night this week or weekend and seeing what I can find.

Are you planning on any more trips there? Do you ever fish the flat to the north or the area to the south of the bridge?
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dhmjd View Post
              hopefully the recovery is quick and full, I will let you know. Sometimes alone at night can get a little erie. Part of the reason I have cell, radio, flares and a PLB. that current rips in there.
              thanks, shes doing better every day. its amazing what doctors can do now with laparoscopic surgery. ive gone in at goodhands ramp and came in the back side to the wall its about a 15 min paddle. CD DOllar has a kayak shop by the Jetty bar that has a beach i wounder if he would let kayakers launch there?

Comment

Great to hear about the recovery! It is amazing what they can do now a days that would have been very invasive years ago.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

my wifes a pretty tough chic! if it were me i would still be in the hospital yelling for more morphine!

Comment

Ive put in at goodhands, fished the south side around the breakwaters and the channel south for 1/2 mile or so, the docks are great at night, as well as the railroad trestle (submerged). I have also put in at the ramp right under the bridge, shorter trip as you can fish in 30 secs. I have not fished North yet. Dont think I can make this week. Scuba diving (spear fishing) in OC on Saturday so I need a good nights sleep Thursday. Not sure about tomorrow night though.

Comment

i used to take my wife to the landing by the Jetty before they changed the parking area and cast out past the channel pile, very good fishing sometimes the bait doesn't hit the bottom before its eaten a lot of times with doubles, i'd like to check that area with them FF. right now my plan i early saturday to the Severn and sunday to KN, trying for 5-530am

good luck on the dive! sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

I fished the narrows over a dozen times last year and had a lot of fun. Tied up to the wood pilings on either side of the bridge depending on direction of the tide and threw up into the concrete tunnels. Did well on small stripers with bucktails and spoons and when the blues were in later in the summer they were hitting on every other cast which was a blast on an ultra light rig, the water was just boiling. Also did well south of the bridge on the north end of the break wall where there is a hole created by outgoing tide hitting the end of the wall. You've got to be ready for a fast tide if you tie to the pilings by the bridge, it really rips through there.

Comment

Where is Kent narrows

I was kayaking at my brothers place on kent island and couldn't paddle out of Thompson creek is was so windy.

Comment

Working...
                          X