Lake Anna Warm Side on Feb 11 (Sat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Anna Warm Side on Feb 11 (Sat)

First of all, this is for VA anglers who can't go to Perryville, MD.

As of now I can fish on Feb 11 (Sat)

Target Species:
    WP, LM and possible Striper (Chesapeake Strand)

I will give you a crank bait that works when trolling for WP, LM and Striper.

If you know how to fish dock, brush, and docks, bring your best lures.

My cell: 703-282-3816

The address of the house next to the gate is:
    438 Overton Dr, Mineral, VA 23117

I will be there between 9:30-10:30am to open the gate. Let me know when you are coming.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 02-08-2012, 08:15 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Cancelled

Cancelled.

I can’t make to Lake Anna. I just found that I have to be within 30 minutes away from the computer access on Saturday for work. One of the data centers is shutting down for an unscheduled maintenance. I am an on-call person.

Sorry about that.

Joe
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

I feel your pain Joe. I'm in the IT field as well and we are always on call in one form or another.

The Occoquan River should be just withing your range. You know if you stay home your phone will never ring but as soon as you leave for somewhere it rings like clockwork.

You should get a WiFi card and bring a laptop with you. That way you can paddle back to your car, Login and fix the issue without getting out of your wetsuit. Or even better bring the laptop on the kayak and post instant fishing reports to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
        I feel your pain Joe. I'm in the IT field as well and we are always on call in one form or another.

The Occoquan River should be just withing your range. You know if you stay home your phone will never ring but as soon as you leave for somewhere it rings like clockwork.

You should get a WiFi card and bring a laptop with you. That way you can paddle back to your car, Login and fix the issue without getting out of your wetsuit. Or even better bring the laptop on the kayak and post instant fishing reports to this site.
        What equipments and service do you use? Any recommendations?

Joe

Joe
        Last edited by ComeOnFish; 02-09-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
          What equipments and service do you use? Any recommendations?

Joe

Joe
          Feel your pain... I carry a Verizon 4G card and just VPN back in if I can't avoid it. Verizon has GREAT coverage so I've never had an issue.
          2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm not lucky enough to get access to a Broadband card due to budget cuts but any major cell phone service provider has 3G and 4G USB broadband adaptors for laptops. The usage fees are kind of steep though seeing its catered towards businesses. Does your company provide you with a cell phone? if so check into the provider and see what they offer in Wireless broadband adaptors for laptops. Then sneak a Purchase Order on your bosses desk for one and see how it flies. Don't mention the fishing part though

Here is an example of what Sprint offers.

Last edited by mmanolis2001; 02-10-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Bummer joe.. The weather report was looking a little scary anyways 70% snow and high winds with temps topping out in the 30's..

I wish sundays weather report looked better... I would consider hitting the Occuqaun again.

Meadeo
              2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post

+1 We use Verizon. Real good coverage in this entire area. I've used it and it works. Definitely cool to be out doing something rather than sitting by the phone. I've not taken a laptop on the kayak but sure have taken it on the boat!

And Mike, LOL you are so right. Sit at home while on call and never a call. Head out the door and ring, ring...!

Comment

Working...
                X