3 winter fish for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 winter fish for 2012

Some of you guys posted your list of fish species and catching a fish every month - definitely inspired. Not in the yak yet so not sure if this counts, but was good to have some winter pullage.

So far:

1 Carp in January - 20lbs - Gulp Minnow with Smelly Jelly - 4 mile run VA

1 LMB - 6lbs - Suspending Jerk in perch pattern - Local pond VA

1 Crappie - small - gulp minnow on 1/16oz jig head - Local Pond VA

2/2 and 3 species.
    Attached Files

Nicely done on the carp and bass. Those must've been a rush. Whereabouts were you fishing in VA?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice Work Camel!!

Solid bass!! what kind of length did it have?

Comment

Four mile run carping is the best... I have seen some in there over 50 lbs... We use to sit down there under the bridges and chum with corn from on top of the bridge as kids and catch 20-30 lbers regularly..

Thanks for sharing your photos WTG.

Meadeo
        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

There are a bunch of lakes/ponds in Northern Va that I hunt around in, this was by far the biggest- biggest by 4lbs that Ive caught out of the local ponds down here.

I didn't get to measure the length, but I'd say 21-22" - top 3 personal best - funny thing was right when I was going to take the picture my phone died. Luckily there was a nice couple behind me who took a pic with their phone and emailed it.

Yeah four mile run in Alexandria/Arlington, wow, MONSTER carp! Put my new stradic to the test - zingin the drag

Comment

Thanks for the posting.
            It is nice to see a VA kayaker. I love carp. They fight!!!

Joe
            Fish like there's no tomorrow.
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
              Thanks for the posting.
              It is nice to see a VA kayaker. I love carp. They fight!!!

Joe
              Youre over in chantilly? I'm in Reston, hit me up if you ever want to yak local.

Justin

Comment

Justin,

Local waters save me time and money. I can fish local water even during the week days. I fished local water 2-3 times a week in summer. Though, I am not sure what i should do in the freshwater, no confidence

Thanks,
                Joe 703-282-3816
                Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Joe,

I am all for being frugal these days.. Once the weather warms a bit I'd be glad to take you out locally, there are some cool spots that are perfect for yaks.

Justin

Comment

Working...
                  X