Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memorial weekend

who's heading out this weekend?

Me,eastside BayBridge, morning,I hope there is no chop/wind I am trying to get rid of a cold now, hate getting sick.heard the bay water is 70,be there or be square.

Comment

Me again,Saturday morning 7am

Comment

Upper Potomac float on Friday - Algonkian Park to River Bend Park.

Middle Potomac on the boat for Saturday. Starting off with skinny water stripers near the bridge, then Cobb Island area for croakers. Neighbor needs fish for his freezer.

Comment

there have been plenty of 12-16 in fish between the first and second pilings on both the north and south spans, havent seen a keeper there but on light tackle a lot of fun-good luck

Comment

ill be heading out but ill be crabbing from the kayak. Gonna try it out for the first time.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

crabbing where? I havnt tried it yet but would be a lot of fun, and delicious

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
                Upper Potomac float on Friday - Algonkian Park to River Bend Park.

Middle Potomac on the boat for Saturday. Starting off with skinny water stripers near the bridge, then Cobb Island area for croakers. Neighbor needs fish for his freezer.
                Hey Capt, whereabouts you heading in the Middle Potomac area, when you say bridge do you mean 301?

I fish that area pretty regularly all summer on a commercial hook and line guy's boat, lots of nice fish caught down there if you know when/where to find them. I'm looking forward to paddling around there... but I know that tide is gonna kick my ass!
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dhmjd View Post
                  crabbing where? I havnt tried it yet but would be a lot of fun, and delicious
                  not to sure yet. thinking about the severn or eastern shore. ill keep you guys informed.
                  Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                    Hey Capt, whereabouts you heading in the Middle Potomac area, when you say bridge do you mean 301?
                    Yes 301, I have a season pass from Aqualand and fish that area often. I stick with bass tackle and plastics along the MD shore. In the boat I'll go 5 miles either up or down river depending on tidal flow (has to be moving). In the kayak I paddle past the discharge and fish shoreline on both sides of the plant as well as below Pasquahanza Cr. Current hasn't been a problem when paddling with the exception of a little excitement when cutting through the discharge.

Sometime this season I want to cross the bridge and put the yak in at the park beside the bridge. Bridge pilings over there can be good, and I've seen guys wading catching some decent fish. There doesn't seem to be anything special about that shoreline, fish must be in there looking for soft crabs.

Comment

Capt- Season pass for the kayak from Aqualand? How much does that run? I was considering picking one up to fish the discharge, but usually when that's on it's freeeezing out and I'd rather be in a boat than wet in my kayak. I am planning on launching from the beach on the VA side when I go there.

We usually put in at Goose Bay further up the river. When you say you stick to bass tackle, do you mean largemouth? I've never caught largemouth there, mostly target rock, hardhead, and white perch. Watch out for the catfish in there if you drop bait, if the tide isn't running, you'll pick one up almost every drift. Those things are fiesty. If anyone wants to eat some Cats, I can put you on them! I've been wanting to get out there this year but it hasn't worked out yet.

Maybe we can check it out some weekend in June?
                      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Guys, If you want to make a posse I'd be up for that as well.

Thanks, John

Comment

i'm heading down 301 early on saturday morning, always wondered if anybody fished that area. usually just head over and head back. if you are going out let me know what time. the rest of the weekend i'll be in the Severn between the bridge and bay

Comment

Redfish, meant bass tackle as in light tackle. Like LM fishing only for Rock. Aqualand's season pass is $125 for the full season, April 1 - March 31. They pro-rate it, so the later in the season the less it costs. Got last year in July and it was only $100. BIG DEAL. It's what you have to do to fish on your terms, they aren't aware that 7:00 oclock comes twice in the same day.

Surfdog, I'll be on the water before daybreak to catch the start of outgoing tide. Would rather have incoming on the shoreline, but that's another weekend.

Comment

Capt C did you catch any today? breezed through around 6am and didn't see anyone around on the Va side so went back up to Annapolis time to open my pool and the wife wants to go fishing tonight. definitely getting on the water tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X