closest launch point to bloody point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closest launch point to bloody point?

Id like to go to the hill to try flounder and rock, but dont want to have a six mile commute from Romancoke. Any ideas anyone? Also hitting the bridge tomorrow am from the east side I think. Anyone is welcome to join me.

their is a marina that is closer but its private. where rt 8 splits go to the right. go and talk to them they might let you launch there. got blown off the water at rumncoke sat. morning soon as i got loaded and n the water the wind picked up and in a 1/2 hour i was having fun in the white caps

was thinking of heading to taylors isl. campground and hunt down some flates, haven't been there yet but have heard good things

Comment

let me know when you go, if available id like to try. Will add a chart plotter to the yak in a day or two, replaced the gear on my sea pro with Humminbird 898c side imaging unit-it is awesome. I have the old Lowrance Chart plotter sitting around so I may as well throw it on the yak-will make it much easier to fish the open water and find the drop offs, Bodkin Isl is easily reachable fro the ramp on shipping creek road, but really need a chartplotter to find the bottom you want to fish. Thinking of launching around 10 or so tomorrow-it may be too cold at 5 or 6 am

Comment

fished clarborne ramp a couple tmes last fall nice place tho launch and free if you don't have a trailer. its a good spot to get into eastern bay.

heading to breezy point saturday if you want to go.

going to upgrade my ff, tired of it working 1 day and not the next. going friday to BPS and get the FISHEASY350C my cuda 300 is still under warranty so if i lke the 350c ill return the 300. same transducer so i dont have to remove the one in there. like to have a nice chart plotter HD unit but i dont think it would hold up very long on the kayak

Comment

possible on Sat, have to see if I can get Kitchen pass, no soccer games for my kids that day, but looks like a couple of B-day parties. What time do you head out from there. When I take my boat, I usually get there by 5, on water by 5:30.

Comment

i would have to be back at the car by noon, ready to head out. Let me know what your going to do. Other than Memorial weekend, I will be available most weekends going forward as the spring soccer season is ending
            How do you fish that area? Jigging, trolling, chumming, drifting bait or all of the above?

Comment

ill probably get there around 530 its a little farther for me. back by noon is good for me, after 4 hours in the kayak butt gets pretty sore. ive never fished there but like any where early fish the shore structure then find good bottom and jig or bottom fish or get out a bucktail and plastic shad and troll around looking for fish. sent a PM with my cell#.

Comment

so has anyone ever contacted that marina?
                sigpic

Comment

i never went there but i think Pinch talked to them

Comment

Working...
                  X