5/15/10 SpSP Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/15/10 SpSP Report

I wanted to get a early start today but the weather was not cooperating. I arrived at the park around 3:00 PM. The wind was still blowing pretty good so i took my time getting the boat and bait ready

This was my first trip of the year so to my disappointment the FF did not work. I checked the fuse and it was very corroded. I replaced the fuse and cleaned up as much corrosion as i could and bingo. Unit works.

Got my rods ready to catch.

I paddled out to a nice windy chop in my face. water was not too bad 1 ft waves with occasional 2 ft rollers. Nothing to worry about. I talked to another boater and it was much worse earlier in the day.

I started drift fishing a bottom rig to see if i could grab a mid day croaker. Worked the cab pots from 15ft and ended the drift under the bridge at a depth of 20 ft. Did several runs with nothing.

Decided to troll and jig around the bridge to the same result. I did get some pretty good marks on the FF in 22ft to 25 ft of water but could not get them to hit.

The rudder i installed last week worked great. Its a world of difference with wind and current. Best $200 dollars i have spent in this boat.

Around 6:00 the wind died down and it was wonderful out there.

I gave the bottom a couple more trys and i got the one and only fish of the day. A little fat White Perch caught on a gulp minnow.

So with that i headed back to the car. Good day on the water. Not much fishing action but i got the first of many fish this year and tested the new rudder and transducer install.

Oh

And the fish had a glorious death by beer battered deep fried goodness.

Excellent report. Nice pics. Thanks for posting. Good that your rudder and other equipment working for you as needed. I want to fish the bay and seems a rudder might be a good investment.

I hear ya about the wind. Me and the missus was to go out early yesterday on the 21' Grady White. We called it after checking the wind forecast in the morning and changed the plan to kayaking at Pohick Bay off the Potomac this morning. Looks like it was the right call. Will post if any fish. Or not...

Comment

awesome pics and report. cant wait till the spot start showing up so i can start live lineing. im done trolling. went out this past Sat. to PLO on a buddies boat and we skunked it up. Waves were 5-6ft so we ended up leaving at noon.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
      X