Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jared's First Striper in Lake Anna warm side (Jan 7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared's First Striper in Lake Anna warm side (Jan 7)

Jared is my neighbor I took fishing whenever he had time. On Jan 7, 2012, Jared and I went to Lake Anna warm side. He just bought a wader for winter fishing with me, and it was a warm day. We fished for WP (white perch) for dinner and LM (large mouth bass) for C&R. We caught several small WP and LM.
    Somehow Jared landed a 22 inch striper. Striper was not expected because I have not heard someone caught a keeper striper (20 inch minimum) in the warm side of the lake. A few small striper catch was reported a few times a year. Jared couldn’t catch striper in the Chesapeake Bay in the past. The striper was his first ever. I thought him how to clean the fish and my wife cooked the fillet.

The funny thing was that once he shouted “It is a huge white perch”.

Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Nice work on the bass and perch, Joe, and congrats to Jared. That bass-colored crankbait is a fish magnet. I got a few spares for Christmas. By the way, tell your wife that her presentation of the cooked fish was beautiful. It looked like a photo from a cookbook.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Bill,
      In winter, I don't make rigid plans for fishing.
      if you and you father want to fish Lake Anna Warm Side let me know by Thursday every week, I will be waiting for you at the gate.

It goes to everyone. Contact me.

Joe
      cell 703-282-3816
      email Captain_JoeAn@yahoo.com
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Neat Video

Cool video. I need to get a hobie and catch some stripers from the reservoirs near my home.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
          Cool video. I need to get a hobie and catch some stripers from the reservoirs near my home.

If you want try out a hobie - if this is what you want, you can try/test my Revo when I go to Perryville for YP.
          Do you have a wader?

Joe

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the very kind offer to test out your hobie.

I'm not sure if I understood where you were saying that I could meet you at?

Looks like you are in Virginia and I'm near Columbia, MD. I do have waders though. If you are ever fishing the Potomac River, that might be somewhere in the middle between us.

Stay in touch and maybe we can set something up one day.

Comment

Great job on helping him get his first Striper. Thanks for sharing the story.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                Thanks for the very kind offer to test out your hobie.

I'm not sure if I understood where you were saying that I could meet you at?

Looks like you are in Virginia and I'm near Columbia, MD. I do have waders though. If you are ever fishing the Potomac River, that might be somewhere in the middle between us.

Stay in touch and maybe we can set something up one day.

I was thinking I pick you up on the way to Perryville. Fish for YP and drop you off on the way back home.

Joe

Comment

Thanks for the invite, Joe. I'll see how the rest of my weekends shake out.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
                  X