Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollcall - Jamaica Bay Tournament 5/15/10

Anyone from this group heading up?

I am going with a couple of guys from this area and one of my friends from Boston is also coming down. This year's weather+tides look like it could be epic and I have seen reports all week of monster blues and rock over 40"... Needless to say I'm very excited and struggling to trim down all the gear I've laid out that I "might" need!

Let me know if you're heading up, we could caravan or something, at least stop by for a beer.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

I wish i could head up with you guys. Maybe next year. Have a great time and stay safe up there.

Let us know how everything goes

Comment

I'm gonna plan for this one for next year. Looks like an awesome event. And it's in and around my home waters too!

Michael, Are we gonna see a trip report? How did you do? I heard the actual tournament was moved to Sunday due to the winds on Saturday. Which, also washed on my boating plans down here. Been a windy spring...

Comment

It was an awesome event, I'll get a trip report together and post some pictures on here at some point, I have a bunch of work to catch up on right now!

Windy is an understatement! We still went out and fished 9 or 10 hours on Saturday in the small craft warning... it was slooooow going fighting that wind. Plus the tide really rips through that area and it was pretty easy to loose all forward progress just trying to drop a lure out.

Either way it was very fun and you couldn't meet a nicer group of kayak anglers!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X