My New additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New additions

Over the holiday weekend, Surfdog and Nay_sayer helped me (and I say helped as a loose term as they did most of the work and I was more of an observer and student) make some additions and some repairs to my Yak. First off, I wanted a cart so that I can keep up with the rest of you... Thats where Surfdog came in. After a few trips to return all the crap that I bought that was wrong, We came up with a NICE CART. I'm gonna try to post a pic on here but may need Surfdog to do that too. Check out the Pnuematic Tires. May need to change them later for some Hobie style wheels. Thanks Buddy for your help AGAIN!!!
    Secondly, I then went down to Lothian and had some electrical wiring secured an modified for my New Fishfinder/GPS unit. Thanks again to BOTH of you guys for the help. The additions and repairs are gonna make my outing a lot more simplified and enjoyable.
    Just goes to prove the type of fisherman we have here on Snaggedline and MKF.
    Tom
    http://snaggedline.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1325553140
    Attached Files
    Last edited by medicyaker; 01-02-2012, 08:13 PM.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

LOL i posted a couple pix yesterday of your cart but must have pushed to wrong key and i dont see the post must be the left over bluemoons from NYE

Comment

Glad to hear you're getting it all together. Looks like this year is the year you'll be getting out to catch the big ones
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks buddy, I just need to find a way to be comfortable out on the water for longer periods of time. I have a serious problem with back pain and typically don't or Can't stay out for more than an hour or so. I have a top of the line seat and that doesn't even seem to help Much. I'm thinking of trying some extra butt padding and that should do it. I just need some warmer water.
        Tom Brown
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

I have a Prowler Trident, which is a great yak, but the seat in NOT comfortable during long trips (up to 10 hours). When I got my Hobie Outback, there was a noticeable difference in seat comfort. I no longer have the bad butt pain I use to get on the Trident. Point is, the yaks differ in comfort. So it's worth it to try other yaks. You may do even better on the yaks with the aluminum frame seats. Native Watercraft and Jackson make such yaks.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
            Thanks buddy, I just need to find a way to be comfortable out on the water for longer periods of time. I have a serious problem with back pain and typically don't or Can't stay out for more than an hour or so. I have a top of the line seat and that doesn't even seem to help Much. I'm thinking of trying some extra butt padding and that should do it. I just need some warmer water.
            Tom -

You are welcome to try out the seat in my Native Manta Ray 14. It is very comfortable for my large body. To enhance the seat bottom, I place a Skwoosh gel-filled pad on top of the seat. I have never sat in a more comfortable kayak seat.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

+1 to the Skwoosh pad. The seat that came with my trident was awful on my posterior even with my extra padding. I bought a pad late this season and it made a h@ll of a difference.

Comment

Pro Angler Seat is the best .......... especally if you raise it ........ raising mine this winter ........

Comment

I have a Skwoosh pad too that I put on top of my Hobie seat. It is very nice.
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                    I have a Skwoosh pad too that I put on top of my Hobie seat. It is very nice.
                    Dang ......... that's a throne

Comment

A throne....ain't no wonder that seat goes Skwoosh!

Comment

Thanks for the Feedback on the seat. I was looking at the one of the Skwoosh pads at the CBKA Tourny last year. Where locally can I get one of those Skwoosh seat pads. I cannot buy from online so I need something local.
                        Thanks
                        Tom
                        Tom Brown
                        2012 Hobie PA 14'
                        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

I bought one for my butt pain in the Prowler- not impressed with it...thin and not much help- The answer was a Surf and Sound Expedition seat-
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I have the Surf to Summit Expedition seat. Its great on my back my I have boney butt and have a prob with just the seat portion. Where did you get that Skwoosh seat pad? More importantly, where can I get mine?? Are you interested in selling your Skwoosh that you don't like?
                            Tom Brown
                            2012 Hobie PA 14'
                            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Tom,
                              Here is a list of dealers: http://www.skwoosh.com/dealer-locator.html#maryland
                              Hobie PA 12

Comment

Working...
                              X