GoPro sound via waterproof external mic connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro sound via waterproof external mic connection

A big limitation of the GoPro cameras is the virtually nonexistent sound recording when using the waterproof case. Thankfully, the GoPro Hero 2 has an external mic input built-in, but still, no way to plug anything into it while using the waterproof case.

Has anyone here found a solution to this? ( other than buying something else )

Looked around and all I could find were people complaining about it, so I might work on something. Thought I'd ask here first since I know many of you use these cameras.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

On friday I had the non-waterproof door on and it picked up sound somewhat ok. I had been using this door for hunting and forgot that I needed to change it until I got to the launch. I decided to risk it and brought it out on the water. I think if you have the camera mounted on a camera pole and it's a relatively calm day, its probably ok. But you cant forget and try to take an underwater shot...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Yeah, i enjoyed your video. It actually recorded quite well with the skeleton back. You can hear the water and voices are totally understandable.

I'm looking for a totally waterproof solution, because when I turtle, I wanna record all that action. And when mounted on the bow, it's bound to get splashed in the back on rough days.

There are plenty of iPhone cases with earphone jack bulkheads... I should be able to add one to the GoPro case.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
      X