Kipto time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kipto time?

Water temps just under 50... Some reports of big ones caught... If the weather's right, I might go tempt some stripers with some eels on Sunday. Can't think of a better way to start the year. I might even try my hand at togging with gulp crab
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

I'm gonna soak live eels on the big rod, and while I'm waiting for the big bite, I want to try casting or jigging a plastic eel on the ML jigging rod. You guys think a striper will bite this eel (it's 8" long)?

I also have some Gulp eels. I can't imagine they could work better than a live eel, but I'm curious.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm sure they'll bite, if they're around. I have a couple of those to try also, but I generally like to troll deep dive crankbaits or cast 1-2 ounce jigs with bkds, grub worms or Gulp mullets.

Wx is warming up this weekend, so I may try CBBT. If the winds are up and easterly or westerly, you'll be OK at Kipto. Good luck!
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        Wx is warming up this weekend, so I may try CBBT. If the winds are up and easterly or westerly, you'll be OK at Kipto. Good luck!
        You going for tog?
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback

Comment

I read a couple reports and it looks like some big stripers are be caught. One guy caught a 68 pounder. Another fellow on a jet ski caught a bunch within two hours trolling Stretch Magnum and a Mojo. Looks like it's really rock time!

Comment

Wow, cool. From a jet ski??

Good luck if you go!
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback

Comment

Kipto Friday?
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I can't go Friday but I am going to try Saturday or Sunday, Saturday gets me one in the coooler. Sunday makes a great picture.
                Jim

Hobie Outback
                TKAA member
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I read a couple reports and it looks like some big stripers are be caught. One guy caught a 68 pounder. Another fellow on a jet ski caught a bunch within two hours trolling Stretch Magnum and a Mojo. Looks like it's really rock time!
                  That was Brian Jetski ....... and he caught them out of Rudee which is the ocean side at VB not the eastern shore ......... ya might wanna fish out of Rudee ......... Per Marty, the bay temps went back up a couple of degrees ........ was 54 last weekend ........ the fish seem to be within 1-2 miles of the beach ........

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                    Kipto Friday?
                    I cant go Friday either. Sunday's my only chance. Winds don't look so good right now, but hoping the forecast changes... and with the protection of the ships I'm hoping it'll be ok.
                    Mike S.
                    Hobie Outback

Comment

It's Friday or bust for me. Anyone want to ride down together? I'm hoping Shield is feeling better but he may have to bail. If so I have one spot open...

Comment

Yep, winds don't look good tomorrow and the weekend. One forecast for Saturday is about 15+ mph with gusts over 30. That means CBBT is out of the picture for yakers It's also not good outside of Rudee, unless you're on a boat.

Kipto may be doable with SW winds. If direction changes to SSW or S, then it will not be fun for yakers. Been there, done that.

Anyway, good luck on getting some cows!
                        Last edited by tufnik; 12-29-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Yep, winds don't look good tomorrow and the weekend. One forecast for Saturday is about 15+ mph with gusts over 30. That means CBBT is out of the picture for yakers It's also not good outside of Rudee, unless you're on a boat.

Kipto may be doable with SW winds. If direction changes to SSW or S, then it will not be fun for yakers. Been there, done that.

Anyway, good luck on getting some cows!
                          Rudee looks very doable ......... remember ..... the land hooks around and blocks alot of the wind/wave action within a mile or so ........ also it looks 10-15 tomorrow from the wind site

http://co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/ofs/ofs_s...&stnid=8638999

Comment

Ok Rick, what time are we launching?

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                              Ok Rick, what time are we launching?
                              Can't go this weekend ....... maybe in a couple of weeks .......

..... just sayin it's doable and the fish are there ....... up to you ........

fish the ships if ya want ......... nobody's doin much there up till last Saturday and I haven't heard of much this week .....water temps have gone up a bit according to the guys I talked to .....

but they are catchin a bunch off the beach ......... who knows ..... it might be the weekend for the ships since they're on the beach ........

good luck ..........

Comment

Working...
                              X