Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKF Swap Meet March 3, 2012

Final on the 1st annual MKF Swap Meet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swap Meet/Flea Market FINAL

OK folks, I have reserved the hall for our FISHING Swap Meet and/or Flea Market. It is in Pasadena, Md at the end of Rt 100 at Mountain Rd at the Lake Shore Volunteer Fire Hall. The hall will cost us nothing. This will be on the 3rd of March. Tables will be supplied and will be $10 per table. I would like to charge $1-$2 at the door, (let me know what you all want to do with door fee). We could donate the funds from that to the CBKA Tournament or choose our own. I like the Wounded Worrior Project, an organization close to my heart. (Again, this would have to be decided by the group). We could keep it and buy a bunch of tackle to be raffled or given away to an angler at the next months M&G... There will be a kitchen open and a pit beef, Ham and Turkey sale out front of the firehouse that day. I will be eating the pit beef!!! We can sell everything but firearms. However this would be primarily a Fishing and Kayak Fishing swap Meet. I checked all of the local MSSA events as well as the Pasadena Sportfishing group and there is NOTHING happening on that date. We should draw a decent crowd and I will advertise it in all Local news outlets. I will also be able to get some flyers to the different venders that will be at all of the earlier swap meets, like the MSSA events and the big Earliegh Heights show on the 18th and 19th of February. I already have a commitment from Capt Chuck at BFG Tackle. Is there anyone that can get other stores or shops like ACK and Easton Kayak, Yak Attack and the like??? I have room for about 50 tables inside. We can take pre-payment for the indoor spaces and we may have room for a couple outdoor spaces for any Kayak Vendors that want to bring a few Yaks to display and sell. We will also be taking walk up vendors if there are any open spaces. If anyone has any questions or concerns, PLEASE contact me either here or on my cell. This could be a profitable event for those of us that have a lot of stuff that we have accumulated over the years and want to get rid of it and make some spare cash in the process. I need help with this and anyone that has a contact with any tackle companys or outfitters or anything or anyone that can get a table to contact them and let them know what we have going on. Sorry about making another post but thought the heading on the last one wasn't an attention getter. I have commitment from Memmory Maker for a table as well as BFG Tackle and two other people plus myself. We have a potential of making this a huge event but we need to work together on this. If you tell me that you want a table thats good enough for me. You can pay for it the day of the event. I suggest that if you want to reserve a table that you contact me asap as I see this filling up as soon as the word gets out next month.
    Thanks everyone,
    Tom
    (443) 306-7306
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Awesome work Tom I'll see what I can do down here in St. Marys
    '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
    '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
    Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

I just piled the rods/reels together to bring... Over 10 each. I will also have some jig heads, maybe homemade bucktails and teasers, and definitely some random other stuff. My table should be pretty full.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

What time will the swap meet start?
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
          I just piled the rods/reels together to bring... Over 10 each. I will also have some jig heads, maybe homemade bucktails and teasers, and definitely some random other stuff. My table should be pretty full.
          damn......i got a table too but dont have nearly that much.
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Rockchaser, We will open the doors to set up your table at 7am maybe as early as 630. We will open to the shoppers at 8am. We will have some type of breakfast there and lunch during the day. Sandwiches and Pizza and stuff like that as well as Coffee, soda and I'm working on having the bar open about 10 or 11. Gotta get a one day/single event license for it first and trying to convince the firecompany to put out the money for the license. Please let everyone you know about this swap meet. I'm looking for all types of vendors, from people like you and I to Shop Owners, Kayak Dealers, Guides and Captains. I will be at the MKF January M&G taking any reservations and after that will open it up to the public. All press releases will go out at that time. I"m advertising at Maryland Gazzette, (local paper) Capital Gazzette Sun paper, Pennysaver and our firehouse website and Facebook Page as well as our bullitin board in front of our station. We are on Mountain Rd and get alot of traffic seeing that board. Also plan on taking flyers to ALL of the fishing flea markets prior to ours. I figure on at least 10 or so...
            Let me know if you want a table
            Tom
            Tom Brown
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Just a quick update, BackYard boats in Annapolis has agreed to come and bring a few Yaks to sell as well as some accessories. We now have 10 spaces spoken for. I expect to sell out after I start to advertise following the MKF M&G on the 14th of Jan.
              Thank You to all that have offered to help and more importantly to rent a table. $10 is VERY CHEAP for a Flea Mkt table and I hope to get alot more spaces sold soon. I may even be able to offer some outdoor spaces if we fill up the hall.
              Tom Brown
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
              X