Report: Chesapeake May 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Chesapeake May 1st

Well, what can I say, another skunk for me. A buddy of mine just bought a 24ft Bayliner so he wanted to go out Sat. Well, we get to SPSP to launch the boat and what do you know......he forgot to charge the batteries. lol The boat is in the water and it wouldnt start. We asked him when was the last time he started the boat and he's like 2 weeks ago. Why he didnt check it before he left boggles me. He had to go back to Anglers and buy a new battery. So we troll around the bay bridge and matapeake for a while and got absolutely nothing. I had a party to go to in the afternoon so we left around 12pm. Now the funny part...we are getting ready to load the boat on the trailer and all of a sudden he just takes off with his truck. The boat was all crooked on the trailer so we tell him to back up again so we can straighten it. Bad idea....he backs up and half his truck is in the water. lol The exaust is in the water, half the truck bed is in the water.......oh man, good times. No fish for me but it was worth the great laugh!!!!!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Reminds me of the last time a buddy and me went to OC to fish the inlet. We were pulling the boat out at low tide. My buddy backs the truck down the ramp and the trailer,s rear tires fall off the back edge of the ramp and hung the trailer up. He sat there and spun the tiers on the wet goop covered ramp for 20 Min's to no avail. We finally looped a rope around the trailer while hanging off the bow of the boat. After 10 more Min's of pulling we were able to clear the ledge and he pulled the truck out.

Worse part there were 15 boats backed up behind us watching the whole thing

Comment

Working...
    X