surf stripers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf stripers

finally getting reports of big stripers in the surf in MD and DE. have friday the 23rd off so i might take the big rods to the beach if the weathers half decent. anyone interested?

Working. But while you're there, tell them to make a right turn when they get to the next intersection.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      finally getting reports of big stripers in the surf in MD and DE. have friday the 23rd off so i might take the big rods to the beach if the weathers half decent. anyone interested?
      23rd, hmmm. That might be tough for me. How about this coming weekend?

Comment

have to rehang kitchen cabinet doors this weekend. wife did a very good job painting them but had a hard time finding the right hinges. i finally found one that will work and she likes so there going up this weekend.

Comment

What do use for bait when striping from the beach?
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

mostly fresh menhaden (bunker) on a fish finder rig this time of year. unless they are close then Hopkins or cripple alewife metal lures, large poppers or pencil poppers. even buck tails tipped with pork rind will work

Comment

I may be game for that, surf. Gotta check my shore fishing gear. Need to try my new Daiwa SHA baitcaster and Penn Slammer.

Will you do any plugging, or all bait soaking?
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

i wil bring plugs in case but mostly bunker and finger mullet

Comment

The annual migration to the wintering grounds off Cape Hatteras is well along- the northeast fish from NY and Jersey are swimming down the coast- Sandbridge and Duck should be hot spots- always are...

Bring extra spools of line- this is also the peak migration of the big coastal species of sharks, too...they seem to eat a spot head on a fishfinder rig just as fast as a big bluefish or Rockfish...after sunset seems to be the best as the big fish move closer to shore after dark.
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

its been strange this fall, a late migration of stripers down from NJ. looks like my lucks held, went from being a decent day on friday to 50% chance of rain and wind looks like i'll have to finish xmas shopping a day early never fails make plans and they get screwed some how! not as hard core as i used to be, standing in the cold rain not as much fun as it used to be

Comment

As I get older, my tolerance to discomfort and the hardships to go fishing seem to get a lot less than back in the day- I sometimes pick my days and other times, I defy logic and go when everyone else stays home-
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Surf, if wx is decent, where are you thinking of going and what time?
                        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                          As I get older, my tolerance to discomfort and the hardships to go fishing seem to get a lot less than back in the day- I sometimes pick my days and other times, I defy logic and go when everyone else stays home-

Ron -

I concur.
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis
                          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                          X