My plan for January and February next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My plan for January and February next year

I can’t fish December any more unless I hit Pohick Bay after work for a 2 hour fishing.

I am done with Hot Ditch (Elizabeth River) – Caught Reds and Specks before, no great interests.

Since I fish for dinner, I can go to Lake Anna (the warm side) for WP (1 hour 45 min drive or Susky, MD for YP (2 hour driving). I love both perch for eating. I prefer YP over WP though. BTW, WP and YP are good eating.

I have access to a private boat ramp in Lake Anna, warm side. Anyone interested?

FYI,

YP in Susky: - Hey ShadyFisher12, about capturing/recording fishing, for the last scene of the video log, I intended to pedal toward a certain direction to show the evening Sun and a WP together. (This is why I have a handheld/hard helmet mounted camera). It took me several tries to catch an YP for the scene:

WP in Lake Anna:
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-14-2011, 04:47 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I'd be up for either trip. Lake Anna was fun last year, and I'm better rigged to troll now. The Suskie would be a long haul for me, and I'd probably have to carpool with someone since it would be prohibitively expensive to drive my old truck up there.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Joe,
      Currently, I have the GoPro 960 with the headband. I will be getting a Yackattack panfish mount for christmas and plan to switch between using that and the headband.

In fishing news, depending on reports, I may be heading out to try for YP on the Susky in the area of your video during the week after Christmas. I've heard that some are catching YP already on minnnows, but not in numbers.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Ryan,
        Since your wife is a professional in Video, ask her for the recommandations, the plot/scenario for some initial trips. You are a one-man production team, inclduing catching fish. Working on two cameras will be tough. a Head band is hard to take off and wear it back on once you started the video than a hard helmet. I wish , One day we get together, so I can show my side of the story.

Bill,

I'll let you know when I go to Perryville. It will take 15 minutes to load your kayak and your stuff on my truck. My truck is set up for 2-3 kayaks. We just leave home a little early.

joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
          Ryan,
          Since your wife is a professional in Video, ask her for the recommandations, the plot/scenario for some initial trips. You are a one-man production team, inclduing catching fish. Working on two cameras will be tough. a Head band is hard to rake off and wear than a hard helmet. I wish , One day we get together, so I can show my side of the story.

Bill,

I'll let you know when I go to Perryville. It will take 15 minutes to load your kayak and your stuff on my truck. My truck is set up for 2-3 kayaks.

joe
          She has given me some tips. For now I will only have one camera and will switch between two mounts. I really wish I would have had the camera on my head for my last trip with the Tog because I only fished for about an hour and half and had constant action. Oh well, I'll get some good footage eventually...

Looking forward to YP fishing with you next year...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Air at 30 deg!?!? You are a dedicated fisherman, Joe.

Nice video work. Thanks for sharing.

Too bad you're done for December. Wx is looking good this weekend. I'm going to see if I can go down to CBBT
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I'm up for it, wherever it be.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I'm down for a trip to susquehanna river for some yellow perch. I was going to post if anyone might want to go the Monday or Tuesday after Christmas...but like Ryan said, I haven't seen any reports on them being around in large numbers yet.
                Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  Wx is looking good this weekend. I'm going to see if I can go down to CBBT
                  Stripers or tog?
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback

Comment

What kind of gear (beside COLD WEATHER gear) is required for this? I assume, light rod/reel... what types of rigs/lures?
                    Mike S.
                    Hobie Outback

Comment

People were using weighted rigs with 2 light jigheads and curly tail grubs tied to dropper loops. Kind of like drop-shotting with two grubs at the same time.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...uestions/page3
                      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                        Air at 30 deg!?!? You are a dedicated fisherman, Joe.

Nice video work. Thanks for sharing.

Too bad you're done for December. Wx is looking good this weekend. I'm going to see if I can go down to CBBT
                        Hey Tufnik, I am heading to Kipto Saturday the 17th for a shot at a big Rockfish. Give me a call if you head down that way. I have Sprint so I get piss poor reception at Kipto some times so leavea message.
                        Jim

Hobie Outback
                        TKAA member
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Jim, can't go Saturday. Am going to CBBT Sunday for togs and stripers using blue crabs and lures.

Wx will be in the high 40s. Low wind, and partly sunny.

Will you use eels or lures? Good luck at Kipto!

Comment

I am going to use eels. I think I will go just off the North ships to deeper waterfor while then move back to the ships before sunset and eel around them for a while. I was hoping for the water temps would have dropped a little but the end of the season is comming and I would like a Rockfish dinner soon.
                            Jim

Hobie Outback
                            TKAA member
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

How did it go, Jim?

Wx forecast for today was too windy, so I didn't go down.

Comment

Working...
                              X