Bay Bridge 5.2.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 5.2.10

grilled sardine and i launched from hemmingways and had lines in the water at 130pm. we had planned on an early start and i woke up at 430am, but decided to snooze a bit. woke up at 530am and said give me 5 more minutes...next thing i know, i'm picking him up at 11am. and i went to bed at 900pm on saturday! oh well. I wanted to troll tubes but we were so behind decided not to stop at anglers and just fish what we had. basically, i trolled heavy tandems, light tandems, single parachutes, and even jigged the pillings with bucktails. The only thing that hit was the pilling that moved and snagged my line. they are sneaky...

so a skunk. i saw a couple fish landed on boats and a few more fighting a fish. i was marking lots of bait and fish on the finder, but i couldnt even buy a bite. hopefully i can try again soon.

i did make some friends though...
    Attached Files
    sigpic

I'd like to try fishing the bay bridge in the upcoming months. I see Hemmingway's mentioned a lot on this site. Is it a restaurant with water access? Do you launch here rather than at SPSP because you don't have to pay admission?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Hemmingways is a restaurant at the end of the bridge right on the water. i launch there when i plan on fishing mostly on the eastern shore. if i plan on the western shore, i launch at SPSP. basically, thats the only reason, besides hemmingways has a great lunch for after the trip!
      sigpic

Comment

Do you have to ask permission before you launch from there? I have wanted to Putin there but was worried i would get towed

How far of a paddle is it to deep water (25 to 40 ft) there? How heavy is the boat traffic on that side of the bridge? I get nervous paddling out on the other side because of the boat traffic.

Comment

I asked the owner last year and he said it was fine, but pick up after yourself. it was about a 15 minute paddle to 40 feet. there is boat traffic everwhere you go, at least now they are all trollers and blowboaters with no wakes. the summer, some larger sport boats like to pass 20 feet from you. just have to be smart about it
          sigpic

Comment

That's good news. I think I will go in for lunch and talk to the manager as well. Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
            X