Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you troll?

Simple. How do you troll?

For spring, I have 30lb line to a size 2 coastlock. from there i have it attached to a size 2 swivel, attached to 80lb leader(only bc i have that available, usually it's 60 until blues show up and how many time i want to switch it out)

from there it is directly tied to the parachute/bucktail. if it's a tandem, main line to 3way swivel, then leader to parachutes.

if it's a shad or tube, coastlock to swivel, to leader to either.

i dont use umbrellas on the yak, or boat...basically take the fun out of it for me. just personal.
    sigpic

From Boat- 50lb braid to a 3-way, 4 ft of 20 or 30 lb on bottom to a 12-16+ oz bank sinker with a swivel on it, then about 15-20ft of 30lb mono to a bucktail with a 6 inch grub. Troll very slowly and bounce the rig on the bottom. Requires a lot more attention than the big spreads, I think they can take the fun out of it. No question that they are effective though!

From Kayak - No idea, I still haven't figured this out.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

i use two rods with 17-20lb mono with 50lb leader line. Last year I had a big fish break my line when he was right next to the boat. He went for his last run and my line just snapped. I think I was using 20lb mono. With a leader line, I can fight the fish when his next to the yak without worrying about a breakage. I attache a 3-4ft 50lb flouro leader to the parachute which then attaches to the snap swivel on the main line.

I dont use any inline weights, I just use a single or tandem parachute rig and set it back between 50 and 60ft. Im still trying to figure out the whole distance and dept thing. I've been guessing. I was at bass pro a couple days ago and i bought a small deep diving planner board. Im gonna try it out on the kayak. Anyone ever use one of these? Any suggestions?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

How do you set up your tandem rig?
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I use 20 lb mono with 60 lb leader. I simply tie on 2 different length leaders to a 3-way swivel. I add an inline weight if I need to get deeper.

Comment

I usually have 20lb Mono on 8-lb test. I use this comanation on umbrellas and double rigs(It is very effective) & ad a inline weight every once in a while if there down deep. You are right i use somthing lighter till the blues come in, They are tough.

Comment

Working...
            X