Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kipto, CBBT, HRBT and Rudee Friday/Saturday (Dec 2-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kipto, CBBT, HRBT and Rudee Friday/Saturday (Dec 2-3)

I know some of us are fishing Friday and Saturday in these places

My plan is (I want to know until when to and speck bite, no high hope) :
    • Arrive at Kipto by 7:30AM, fish for Tog 8:15am- 10:00am (low tide at 09:19am)

• Arrive at Rudee by 12:00PM, fish for Speck 1:00pm-4:30pm (high tide at 03:04pm)

If i can get blue crab then the plan will change. Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-02-2011, 08:35 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Got the crab

I stopped by the Lotte (big Asian Grocery) at Fairfax Circle. They didn’t have the Blue Crab. A lady at the fish section told me that she caught two Tog in Ocean City (surf or bank fishing) on whole jumbo shrimp on the ThanksGiving Day weekend. She said other anglers caught many eel and tog on shrimp that day. She said she set the hook immediately when she felt a quick double taps. So, I bought 2+ lb of large shrimp.

Still I wanted buy blue crab. I went to the H mart in Fairfax on Lee HWAY between RT 123 and the intersection/split between Lee HWAY and RT 50. There I found nice blue crab. The crab were big and frisky. I bought all lively crab (30+), and now they are in the refrigerator.

I think we have enough bait for 3-4 people. Michael, Won, possibly Steve R. is coming to Kipto at this moment.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Good luck down there. I could possibly do Sunday, but I think I might end up staying local.
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

See you in the morning Joe!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Fairfax Lotte is out of blue crabs? Hope they have some tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise I'll try H Mart or Chantilly Lotte. I hope to go to CBBT Sunday.

I heard shrimp is good for togs. Clams too, which I have in the freezer from my last fishing outing.

Your schedule looks Ok. Good luck!
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Oof, didnt even think about the availability of bluecrab right now. Hopefully the Lotte in Ellicott City will have them for me for next week...
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

There's an H Mart in Glendale just off Georgia Ave. that usually has blue crabs this time of year. Might be kind of out of your way though, Shadyfisher.

Comment

was at lotte yesterday afternoon, and they had crabs, Shadyfisher.
                Sun Fishin'

Comment

Working...
                X