Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annapolis 4.24.10 and 4.25.10

Sorry for the late report...

I went fishing on featherpop's boat this weekend. On saturday, we had a 6 rod spread, 2 on the outriggers and 4 boat rods. 300pm to about 700pm with nothing, not even a knock down but we were basicaly just fishing random waters around the Bridge and Matapeake.

Sunday, featherpop and i set sail by ourselves at 1100am and decided to work a very hazy Thomas Point. i stayed around the ledge in 35 to 45 feet of water and really worked the fishfinder looking for bait, away from the other thousand boaters. we finally found some, marked the area on the gps and just circled the area. Within an hour of trolling, we landed a 37.5" 17lb. Sorr for the hazy picture but the lense fogged up. We didnt have any ice on board and i decided i wanted to keep it, so we just reeled in the lines and called it a day, especially since thunderstorms were in the forcast...which never showed up until dark. I noticed during fileting it that the intestines had these odd "growths" or whatever on it. they were hard and with in the flesh. maybe stuck rocks? anbody ever seen this?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Yikes! That is nasty. This is why I catch and release most of the time!!

But seriously, it's Mycobacteriosis. From: http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/ox...h/stripedbass/

"Internally, the disease is characterized by the formation of marble sized nodules called granulomas, which are found primarily in the spleen and head kidney, but can form throughout the body. A granuloma is essentially the body's way of containing a pathogen that it can not otherwise eradicate, by encapsulating the invading bacteria."

There's a photo on that web page as well. There's all sorts of bacteria in the waters. I would suggest saving it and giving DNR a call.

Comment

Ick....I wish I had never seen that....

good times though...

Comment

Working...
      X