New Dates for Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dates for Next Year

Does anyone have new dates for next year yet as far as tournaments go? First ours then any others. Is there any such thing as a tournament calendar???

Thanks
    Tom
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

We're set for September 7, 8 & 9 next year. At Camp Wright again.

There is a calendar on the kayak fishing magazine sites. Not sure if it's all updated for 2012, though:

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/...urnaments.html

Comment

Should I start on getting a few sponsors for next year. I am Frat Bros with Under Armour Pres. Keven Plank and may be able to get in the door to talk to him about putting some $'s or maybe footing the bill for the shirts, and that would be a sweet deal, Under Armour Shirts for our tournament!!! I know I have BassPro and Capt. Chuck on board again. I have a few other places and bussiness owners in mind. Perhaps a few mom and pop tackle shops. I know you all sent out letters but if they are hand delivered, sometimes that will go a little farther. Yes I'm volunteering to hand deliver a few of the ones that I have in mind and maybe a few others. I have experience through the Volunteer Fire Dept. in asking for donations and such and no fear of rejection. All I will need is a few letters like last year and we can get rolling. This would be of course at the direction of the Directors of the CBKA Tournament. I don't want to step on any toes. I'm just offering my services to something I believe in.
      Thanks,
      Tom
      Tom Brown
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Under Armour is good stuff- I wear their lightweight poly long johns as a base layer for cold water fishing-if I had any imput or influence with the members, I certainly would welcome the relationships of members to well respected outdoor commercial operators, like Under Armour as a sponsor of either products, promotion handouts or prizes-I never turn down "free"-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I plan to start contacting my sponsors from last year at the beginning of the year as well as a number of new sponsors. Our directors are trying to get together pretty soon to put together some stuff for this years 2012 tournament. If you know people and have connections Tom, IMO you wouldn't be stepping on any toes and any help is appreciated, the more the merrier as we hope to GROW MUCH larger this year. We gotta top 37 entries from last year.

Comment

I will try to set up a meeting with him after the holidays. I'm sure he will help us out. He's all about the Maryland "Home Team" and anything that has to do with promoting Maryland and of course Under Armour. I would love to have them as one of our Main sponsors. I know they have a program that supports Maryland based sports. I think kayak fishing is a sport, Don't you? I will need to get with Bryan or someone to put together a nice presentation with stats about last year. I'm very optomistic that we can beat last year!!!!
            Tom Brown
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
            X