Boat fishing out of Deale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat fishing out of Deale...

Had the opportunity to go on a free rockfish charter trip on The Katherine out of Deale. So leaving the kayak behind was a no brainer this past Saturday.

This trip was cool. It was just myself, and the two captains that operate the boat (father & son). It was nice of them to invite me. I've gone out with them twice this year prior to this....always a good time. This time I told them I wasn't just along for the ride, but I actually wanted to work and help out. (So I can prep myself for the opportunity to HO with them on occasion next year ) I help set out the planer boards, set out the lines and all of that fun stuff. It was a good experience, and I learned a lot.

Our target was 40" + stripers. We didnt wanna waste time with fish in the 20 inch range, so we set out all big baits. Our first two fish went in the low 30s. They were fat, and had sea lice. One of them had scars from a net. Our last fish of the day came in a 41 inches. It wasn't as fat as the 41 incher we boated last weekend, but it was a nice fish and wore my arms out nonetheless.

With just three of us on the boat, the 41 incher ended the day. Great times!

Attached Files
    <insert witty comment here>

Those are some nice fish. Two weekends in a row with a 40 incher. They know where the big fish are. WTG

Comment

Nice Fish!!! Imagine hookin up with one of them off the kayak YEA BUDDIE!!!! Congrats on a great day on the water!!

Comment

Nice fish metroman.

I headed south on sunday lookin for some bubbas. marked alot of fish on the bottom around 50' but couldnt get any. tried jiggin and trolling although i wasnt setup to troll that deep. was hitting the channel edges near matapeke. was hoping to go farther south but the conditions early didnt allow for it.

trying to get some rigs ready to try again this weekend.

Im trying to book a charter out of deale for next weekend. Im not that experienced at trolling and have heard of a captain that offers some great teaching charters.
        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Here's a promo vid I made for Andy & Sam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6FjE2f6Hc

All filmed with my iPhone4S :-)

Comment

Nice work. Are you going to make it out with them again before the season is over?
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks Ryan. Probably not. I really want to put a keeper striper on the yak.

Comment

Working...
              X