50 tog 2 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 tog 2 days

Fished cbbt with josh Saturday and Sunday tog bite was insane. Caught between the 2up of us in 2 days 30+ rock, 6black drum, 1 pig fish, 2 sea bass, 50 tog, and a few toads. Largest tog was 20" however josh lost a nice male
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Outstanding weekend!! I'm sure you guys earned every one... not sure how the wind was on sat was kinda heavy up this end of town. Great to hear of your suscess on the water!!! thanks for the report.... hearing of days like you guys had over the weekend help with my excitement for the sport and keep me motivated to get on the water as often as i can. All The Best!! ""Bent Rods & Tight Lines Always""

Comment

sssssssssss....................
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

That is a great and unbelievable time. I wish I was there. How many of the Togs were keepers? How was the weather and chop out there if any? I guess you put that yellow kayak through its last paces before you sell it to my friend. He cannot wait to get into kayak fishing.....lol. We will have another convert.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
          That is a great and unbelievable time. I wish I was there. How many of the Togs were keepers? How was the weather and chop out there if any? I guess you put that yellow kayak through its last paces before you sell it to my friend. He cannot wait to get into kayak fishing.....lol. We will have another convert.
          Most were keepers between 15-18 inches with a couple of them below 14. My first was 18.5, which I kept and didn't want to keep anything under 20 after. Jack kept a 20 and a fat 17 because we couldn't get the hook out.

The weather was a great until the wind picked up. Fishweather.com reported gusts over 20kts, which lead to some good chop for a couple hours. The worst part was all of the boat traffic. At one point, a 40ft boat back into the 20m gap between Jack and I and started fishing rattle traps with their engines running. I wonder why they didn't catch anything?
          Last edited by Yakfisher; 11-21-2011, 02:58 PM.
          2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

Congrats on an incredible trip. Will there be a video? I haven't seen a Pinch Production in a while.

How big were the black drum?
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

there was video taken, im not sure how many tog we had on video. Im pretty Sure i have a 16'' or 2 on there.
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Good fishing fellas... I am hoping to make my way down to Kipto in a few weeks!

Comment

Very nice catching results. That sounds like a lot of fun.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                    there was video taken, im not sure how many tog we had on video. Im pretty Sure i have a 16'' or 2 on there.
                    Just finished copying all of the footage to my laptop and am charging theh GoPros now. Still waiting on the verdict for tomorrow.
                    2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

Good to see you out there. Glad we all got into a good bite.

Comment

Awesome fishing with you too rob
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Yeah... Good times. I still can't believe how they were biting.
                          2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

UPdated the leaderboard ^^ thanks Josh

Comment

Wow what a trip you guys had. That’s crazy.

How was the 3 mile ride back in the wind and chop?

Comment

Working...
                              X