The NEW Pro Angler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW Pro Angler

So I had a chance today to finish up some of my work on the new kayak.

Added an anchor trolley, finished my pvc rod holders (glued and painted), panfish camera mount added and moved the fishfinder. I will take some pics and upload tomorrow.

I'm pretty excited, hopefully will be able to get out during TG as I have been super busy with classes. My teachers pretty much give me a test every week, so instead of being able to fish lately I have felt obligated to study so my parents money is not getting thrown away.

Matt,

I hope you get a chance to enjoy your new Pro Angler over the holiday. Please be safe. I am very impressed with your work ethic. As a parent who paid a lot of money for my kids to go to school I am really impressed by the fact that you understand the sacrifice your parents are making to give you a chance to succeed. As a parent there is nothing better than seeing a child (no matter what age) succeed. I am real happy mine did.

If you ever want to fish in Southern Maryland and would like to explore the Potomac River/Chesapeake bay area with an old guy (probably older than your dad) who has just bought a Pro Angler, please feel free to shoot me a message.

May your fishing over the holiday be wonderful. May your grades be even better. Work hard and fish hard!

Sincerely,
    Leon

Comment

....... as I told my son ........ enjoy college but make your studies your priority ....it's just 4 years out of 80 or more .... you'll see a ton of people partying alot and they will be the ones partying at $8/hr after they drop out

....... study hard and you will be partying at $80,000/yr or more with the best cars, best house and best women ........... it's just 4 years ...... make it count .....

Today he makes a bunch more than me ..........

Glad to see you've got your priorities straight and that you joined the Yak Yacht club .......

Comment

Believe me I got my partying in, while playing college baseball, and studying Biochemistry. I have already surpassed the 4 year mark. I graduated from St. Mary's College of MD in May this year. Now I'm on to Nursing School at Anne Arundel Community College. Will be moving up Annapolis in January.

So I should start working and making the money after 7 years of college... lol... then I plan to go back eventually to get my certification as a CRNA (Nurse Anesthetist)!!

Anyways.... Here are some pics of the work I did today and yesterday...

Trailer - Still gonna add some indoor/outdoor carpet on top of the boards.

Hawg Trough- Added heavy duty velcro to attach the trough to my pvc rod holders, it fits perfectly right behind my seat.
        Attached Files

Comment

More improvements

Pvc Rod Holders- Glued the PVC together, painted gloss black!!

Anchor Trolley - Added this but still need to put a cleat somewhere? Also found a small 10# actual anchor, that I think will hold the pro angler well.

Also, I moved the fish finder forward and added the Panfish camera mount on the right side at the front of the mounting platform.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

The PA looks great. Is your Outback still for sale?

Comment

Sure is....

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthread.php?t=2110

Comment

Lookin good!
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Looks good man. You've inspired me to finally get my pvc rack painted up tomorrow.
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

So I finished my trailer, complete with outdoor carpet on the 2x4's and round screw in hooks to tie down the yak on the ends of the 2x4's.

Also, I added some eyelets to attach rod leashes to on the PVC. and eyelets to attach the PVC rack to the kayak.

Will Add pictures tomorrow.

Things I still need to do....

1. Figure out the rod leashes, use existing ones or make new ones.
                    2. Mount my scotty rocket launchers to the from mounting boards for trolling.
                    3. Put and anchor line on the anchor and figure out an easy release cleat system with float.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by CB kayak 02; 12-05-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

What type of rope do you guys use for your Anchor line?

Comment

I use 5/16" nylon rope. This is probably a little heavier than what others use, but I like it heavier so it doesnt get twisted up. I think some people use paracord, but I dont like it for anchor line.
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                        X