Spsp 11/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spsp 11/15

First all I would like to thank the weatherman for making such a serene evening possible, that and all the fisherman that listened to their reports!

I got up for work yesterday, stepped outside and saw the overcast and the warm weather and immediately thought I need to get out fishing. But I went on to work anyways, but with the Wife and kids away for the week it had to go down! I ran over to Mr. Kim's(Cheverly Sport Fair) only to find out that he now closes @ 3PM, but it looks like he is now allowing the beer side to sell bloodworms. Cool, but they were out, so I had to run by Angler's... halfway decent worms this time, I was surprised. I pull up to the park around 8pm to find an empty parking lot and beach! For once in my life I get to fish the point all BY MYSELF!!! No worries about line tangles, bright lights... just me great weather and fishing.

The perch are out in full force! As soon as my circle hook hit the water rigged with a good chunk of bloodworm it was getting attacked! LOL I was using my tsunami Ariwave and I could see every peck. This went on a while until I got tired of them stealing my bait so I changed out my circle hook for a #2 so I could catch one and use it as bait. I cut one in half and put the tail end out there with no takers... so back to the circles I went and again the WP were going at it... then I remembered surfnsam telling me how he caught a real nice Striper out at Romancoke with WP perch belly. I caught another one cut out the stomach and rigged it up!

I was sitting on the phone with my wife when I send my rod bowed!!! At first I thought it was my sinker moving, but the water was WAY too calm for that...weird thing is my baitrunner never pulled line... hmmm. I pull up on the rod... and SAMwich! Caught my first keeper of the season and a personal best off the surf. Granted I haven't gotten out there much this year but fun none the less. I caught it around 11 and stuck around til midnight hoping that I would limit out, but no such luck... oh well I will take what I can get. I hope to get out there soon... I still need to bring in my horse!

nice....good to see SPSP producing some fish!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Good job Mighty. Nice looking rockfish. I am curious what were the sizes of the perch that you were throwing back?

Comment

I didn't throw any back Moc. I only pulled 2... the others were just messing with my bait on the circle hook. If I had a second rod I probably would have fished with smaller hooks for them. But out of the 2 I caught one was all of 5" and the other probably about 7".

Comment

That sounds like a perfect evening--had the place to yourself and caught a nice fish. I wonder if the action at the bridge will be picking up soon?
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I never had striper luck there, so you got a good catch. I'm going to remember that - WP belly.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

nice! listen and you will learn young one looks like the 1 i got a couple weeks ago. going back sat. morning, heard some bigger fish are moving our way i hate using stinky bunker but it will catch fish when the wp are hard to find

Comment

WTG Mytmouse,
                SAMwich!
                GB

Comment

See ya there Saturday surfdog. If for some reason I don't make saturday I will DEFFINATELY be there Sunday. I should be there Saturday about 930 or 10 am.
                  Tom Brown
                  Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                  2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                  X