Chain Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Bridge

Planning on hitting it tomorrow after work if anyone interested in meeting up. Should get there 4:30-4:45pm...

Outing Results

Best outing in a long time. First cast! Usually a bad sign. Often means I just missed the action. Not last night. Stopped counting after 20. Easily managed another 20. All hickories.

Spent some time tossing for rock but... no joy. However, I didn't really concentrate on that the way the shad were cooperating.

A few more weeks to this run. Get 'em while they're hot!

Tight lines!
    John

Comment

nice...thanks for the update. I've never fished the chain bridge, are there usually a lot of people fishing that area?
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Not too bad the couple times I've been there this year. I have seen it pretty busy in the past, though. There were several bait fisherman downstream, several across on the DC side and 3 guys fishing for shad on the VA side. Including me. Overall, plenty of room.

The toughest thing is securing a parking space. There's only room for may 10 or 12 vehicles. Not all are fishing. Hikers, bird watchers, bikers etc. The other choice is on the DC side just above the bridge. Then hiking to the VA side. Or, just stay on the DC side in that case. Tough to get there due to the one way rules for the evening rush and traffic volume. But doable...

Comment

Good to hear about your success! Wait till the rock show up, it's elbow to elbow at 5 am apparently!

There is a neighborhood further up Glebe, but I think it'd be a dangerous walk down the hill with all that traffic. I was planning on heading out there tonight, but I didn't feel like getting soaked.

We'll have to hit it up sometime for sure!
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

nice report! i have never fished there but have done some recon. ive heard stories of peoples cars getting broken into often along the river in that area
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X