lightline fishing !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lightline fishing !!!!

Only got one good picture but I smashed them'ss........

Interstate Kayak Fishing

Dude is straight lounge chillin'

Nice.

Comment

corndog fishin!
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

The fish kinda look like terds floating there. lol couldn't resist

Comment

I don't think I ever fished lyin' down on the yak fishing for terds or corndogs
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

You haven't kayak fished until you're laying down casting at corndogs.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

But seriously, it does show the basic idea.

Comment

I assume the arrows are current direction? The light pole in front of you is important or it only matters you face against the current looking into the dark shadow?

It may sound stupid but when I'm there under the bridge I see light line on both sides but I always wonder if the side with the light pole was better. Course I never seen those stacked fish so I wouldn't know. Hell I even tried to go through the line just to see if I could spook fish on purpose.

Comment

Yes, arrow direction is current, Hokie. You're sitting in the shadow facing upstream. You sit maybe half a yak length away from the line. The light poles are fixed, so the line is stationary. The line is really not a fine line. There are aberrations in the line due to the parallax of light beams. So there is a "lightly lighted" band between the bright part of the water and the shadow part of the water.

If the current is in the opposite direction, then you face that direction and use the light from the other side of the bridge. (You would rotate 180 degrees to fish the other side of the bridge, or fish the other bridge span).

The tough part is maintaining position without drifting too close to the line. During Saturday night at HRBT the current was fairly strong with good chops, and I found it hard to maintain position. I kept drifting laterally toward the pilings. It was also hard to see if there were any fish near the line.

Ok, Pinch. You're saying I haven't reached yak fishing Nirvana until I do that. I just need to find the corndogs first...lol
                  Last edited by tufnik; 11-14-2011, 10:43 PM.
                  2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                  2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                  X