YakAttack GearTrac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YakAttack GearTrac

New trac system by YakAttack is finally out... Look like an easy way to rig your kayak with the option to change as needed.

http://yakattack.us/index.html
    2010 Hobie Outback

It is REALLY nice ........ Chad has one of the prototypes on his yak and I want 1 ...........

However, no one has them listed on their sites eventhough Yakattack says so ........

Let me know if you find them

Comment

i had the slide trax on my tarpon but didnt use it because they had limited accessories back then

Comment

Track can be installed just about anywhere. Looks good. Will get one.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Been holding off rigging my outback to check these out and get some demensions to see where they can be mounted on the outback.
          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Kind of looks like sail track.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
              Kind of looks like sail track.
              Exactly its somewhat like a traveler on a small sail boat. Luther showed it to me when fishing at HRBT. It was pretty sweet.

Comment

Called Luther last night ........ he said Hook1 should have recieved theirs on Monday .......... if you order them from Hook1, don't forget the discount code .........

Comment

Anybody pick one of the gear tracs up yet?

Ive been holding off ordering till i found out how wide they are so i know what sizes i want to get.

Im also not crazy about just screwing them into the plastic of the yak. I think i would rather thru bolt them with large washers or a backing plate. Or at least thru bolt them on the ends and use the screws in the center sections.
                  2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                  2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Yeah I would go with the bolt option too. However, I am guessing that it comes with the screws to make them easier to install in spaces where you can't get to the underside. If you think about it, unless you have a hatch in the middle, anywhere you would want to mount it(thats reasonably reachable) would be inaccessible from the inside.

Comment

Ordered mine yesterday ........... check out the video on the Yak Gear on Hook1

Comment

Ordered mine yesterday ........... check out the video on the Yak Gear on Hook1

OOPS ...... I studdered

Comment

I just watched the video on Hook1 and I like it. I may get one if I can find a shop around here. No CC's anymore. Cut them ALL up. In hindsight, I should've saved one so i can buy my toys. OOPS, Thats why we cut them up. If anyone finds a shop around here, AKC or Easton Kayak that has them let me know. I want one!
                          Thanks
                          Tom Brown
                          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Hey guys you'd be amazed at how well those little screws hold. I'm going to post up a video soon demonstrating that!

I put up a little vid to give an overview of what it is and how you can use it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks3T6cnDqz4

Comment

Thanks for posting the video link. hadnt seen that one yet.

Can you tell me the width of the gear trac please?
                              I havent seen that mentioned anywhere and it will determine what length i need at a couple locations.
                              2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                              X