Anchor???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor???

Do you drift fish or anchor? If so what weight do you use. I saw a very informative anchor setup on a Chesapeake angler sight and he had a 3lb anchor. It was set up on a trolly tied to the bottom and a pull tie in case it got stuck.
    Is this the way to go?
    thanks
    David

i do both, depending on how i'm fishing. definitely rig up a trolly and connect the anchor line so that you can quickly disconnect it in case of an emergency
    sigpic

Comment

i do both also. if im bottom fishing then ill anchor up if there is current. Sometimes i dont even bother with the anchor and just drift. I would look at pics on how to set up a trolley, its fairly simple. A 3lb anchor is all you need on a yak.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

3 lbs should hold you fine, you can use floating nylon line for your anchor, it's easier to retrieve if you have to let it go. i use a 4 lbs down rigger lead doesn't hangup like a grapple anchor

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          3 lbs should hold you fine, you can use floating nylon line for your anchor, it's easier to retrieve if you have to let it go. i use a 4 lbs down rigger lead doesn't hangup like a grapple anchor
          Thats a good idea, I've never heard of floating nylon. O well live and learn that's what the forums for.

Comment

Working...
          X