Adding a trolling motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a trolling motor

I ran into a guy on the flats on Sunday who had a trolling motor mount on his OK Big Game. Do any of you know if you have to register/license your kayak if you add a motor? I read a post on another forum from a guy in NJ who said that it would now be considered a motor boat.

Michael

In Maryland, you would need to register the kayak and take a boaters safety course(which can be done online now).

From MD DNR site:

How do I know if my vessel must be registered in Maryland?
    Your vessel, whether commercial or recreational, must be registered in Maryland if it is:
    • Equipped with any kind of primary or auxiliary mechanical propulsion;
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
      In Maryland, you would need to register the kayak and take a boaters safety course(which can be done online now).

From MD DNR site:

How do I know if my vessel must be registered in Maryland?
      Your vessel, whether commercial or recreational, must be registered in Maryland if it is:
      • Equipped with any kind of primary or auxiliary mechanical propulsion;
      To register you'll need a MD title. To ge that you'll need a certificate of origin or if you bought your yak second hand a bill of sale. This step is where they get you for the sales tax. Once you have a title you can get free registration as long as you stay under 7.5 hp. You will be required to display numbers and the MD sticker on both sides of the bow.

Comment

Working...
      X