Rudee Inlet 10/27-10/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudee Inlet 10/27-10/30

Headed down thursday with Josh with plans to fish CBBT. We never got a chance with winds to 40mph in the region.

Thursday 10/27: fished rudee inlet from 3pm until 10pm we caught more 10-13'' specks than I could count. No keepers

Friday 10/28: Fished Rudee most of the day same result hundreds of 10-13'' specks. Around sundown threw a mirrolure around some grass and it exploded with a 22.25'' speck.

Saturday 10/29: winds still high so back to rudee we go now with a better understanding of where the bigger fish hangout. Today josh and I are joined by Grilled Sardine. We go out to the area and again a boatload of 10-13'' specks. Ended the day with 4 keepers. Mike 2 @18'' Me 1@18.5'' Josh 1@17''. Josh and i both lost keepers at the boat.

Sunday 10/30: Hoped the wind would die down, didnt happen. Went to HRBT to fish for Tog in the morning. No tog but we were getting bites. Left HRBT to fish Rudee again. Specks were everywhere, after sun down on the way back in we witnessed a pretty amazing Speck Blitz. 2 keepers today 20.5'' and a 16'' left rudee and went back to hrbt for some lightline action. We each caught a few and were off the water at 2am Monday.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

You guys should have come to Lynnhaven Sunday. You would have caught less fish.........
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

lol.. we thought about it but then just decided to keep fishing rudee to learn it better.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        You guys should have come to Lynnhaven Sunday. You would have caught less fish.........
        Not a chance ........ the fish follow Pinch .......... he just looks at the water and gives that holloween glare and the fish just jump in the boat .........

Comment

Ahh to be single again and able to binge fish...LOL Come to think of it, its probably best I didn't get my yak until AFTER I got married...LMAO. How is the boat traffic in the inlet this time of year? I want to try to get down there, but don't want to fight with the boats.

Comment

Ya'll trying to go back down there this weekend?

Comment

Id like to get back down there but i dont know yet. Im going to alabam on sunday.
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

thinking about heading down there next weekend since Fri is a holiday.
                  Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

My flight to bama is at 3 on sunday so i may go fish friday night and saturday come back saturday night. Still debating, winds arent looking that much better for this weekend
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I don't think the object on the side of your right knee is the spool of a spinning reel

Also, any success using topwaters for specks? Or do you use jighead/plastic only?
                      Last edited by tufnik; 11-02-2011, 04:09 PM.
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

biggest speck came on the topwater mirrolure. The rest were on 1/4oz or less jigheads and plastics
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                        X