Lynnhaven, Sun 10/30/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynnhaven, Sun 10/30/11

Actually I planned to go to CBBT. After picking up bait at Oceans East, I arrived at Alexander's on the Bay about 0830 hrs for a launch out along the CBBT. Stared at the water and was sorely disappointed. Water was too rough. I later learned there was a small craft advisory. The cold 10 mph breeze, with 15+ gusts, also had me go to Plan B.

My first time at Lynnhaven, and I hit the water at 1045 hrs. Very cool wind. Static temp was low 40's. Some clouds, but it cleared up during the day. Used my waders and splash top, but it turned out to be a fairly nice afternoon.

Worked the west side of the inlet along the grassy areas using a rat L trap and trusty Curado 200E7. Nothing. Went to the inlet, but the inbound current was fairly strong and the water was rough. So I trolled and did some casting along the west channel where the piers lined up. Nothing.

I then went to about the middle of the area inside of the inlet. There's a shoal about 400 hundred yards southeast of the inlet. Saw three boats come, fish and go there. I didn't see them catch anything. I got nothing on the rat L trap and jig/white grub worm, so I switched to a white bucktail to do some jigging. Got my first hit. Pulled what looked like a keeper up yak side, but the speck threw the hook. There went my dinner. Caught nothing the rest of the afternoon.

I went back to the grassy area, and the outbound current was light. By then there were several yakers plus two fisherman wading in three feet of water. Only the second wading fisherman caught what looked like a keeper speck. I saw no one else catch fish. I overhead a bunch of guys in a boat remark about catching nothing.

I quit about 5 pm. During the load-up, I talked to some inbound yakers. About 4-5 yakers caught nothing. One caught a few short specks.

Slow day. Seems like the fish are moving out.
    Last edited by tufnik; 10-31-2011, 10:00 AM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Why didn't you head back to Kipto?

Comment

I never fished Lynnhaven and it was less than 10 minutes away.

If the water is too rough for CBBT, next time Kipto would be my back up. That's if I have to get togs.

Hope the wx is good this weekend. CBBT is again on my mind.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Yea. I might be able to get this weekend free and come down.

Let's hope for good weather.

Comment

Working...
        X