Challenge Events Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge Events Next Year

So here is what I brainstormed up, nothing is finalized, so I'm just interested in seeing what you guys think of each months target species (or what type of challenge you would like to see). I tried to keep the challenges focused on what's popular in our area.

The idea is to keep it pretty simple, like that of the KBF challenge series.

March – Perch Palooza
    Combined length of two Yellow Perch

April – Freshwater Fiesta
    Highest AMI score for a single entry. Possible species include: Sunfish, Crappie, Largemouth Bass, and Smallmouth Bass

May – Trophy Tourney
    Longest Striped Bass

June – Doormat Disco
    Combined length of 2 Flounder

July – Bottom Fishing Blast
    Combined length of 3 species (Spot, Perch, Croaker)

August – Summer Striper Party
    Combined length of two Striped Bass

More details about entry, prizes, etc. will be brought about later.

Win a Hobie Kayak?

Is there any interest for an online series like this?

There would be an reasonable entry fee (series pass/single), to hopefully raise for a charity and to increase the sizability of the prizes.

If it's a series, then most points at the end would win a very good prize depending on the # of participants, we would try to get a Hobie Mirage Drive Kayak if we can get enough entrants.

Overall it would promote some friendly competition within our kayak fishing region.

Help us with some feedback to help improve on the idea we have.

Comment

June is a little early for Flounder isn't it? I would swap it with the July contest.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
        June is a little early for Flounder isn't it? I would swap it with the July contest.
        Defnitely a possibility, but I do know Flounder are pretty consistent in OC from May on. Usually some of the bigger fish are caught as the water warms, but is not yet too warm, because the visibility is much better.

I caught 2 keepers and a lot of shorts in June this year with pretty limited fishing.

Comment

What would be the area? A certain number of miles from a given point or just Maryland waters?
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
            What would be the area? A certain number of miles from a given point or just Maryland waters?
            I would think that the Delmarva area would be reasonable..

Comment

I like it Bryan, June is plenty early enough for flatties. I am in OC for the Firefighters Convention in the 2nd week of June and ussually have no problem getting a few during that time frame. I would like to see Blues on there somewhere. I generally do pretty well with getting a few of them during that time as well in OC. Just want to be sure that everyone understands the ground rules... This would be for Kayak Caught Fish correct??? I'm in for however you want to do it. I love a little friendly Yearlong competition.
              Tom Brown
              Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13
              2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Would only be kayak caught, correct!! If this happens then we'll put out all the rules and specifications.

Comment

Bryan, I know from the Tourny this year that you have a special place in your heart for favorite charity Make a Wish Foundation. I would like to see us make one of our charities this year The Wounded Worrior Project. That has a special place in my heart as well. Just a suggestion
                  Thanks,
                  Tom

Tom Brown
                  Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                  2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

i like.

Comment

Working...
                    X