Torqueedo Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torqueedo Motors

Alright, I have heard alot of talk about the Torqueedo motors for kayaks. I am somewhat familiar with them as we sell them at West Marine. However, everyone including the company are vague about the battery life. From those who have used them, what are you experiencing, as to battery life from those motors? The company likes to say that the motor and battery will take you 13 miles at 2 mph. To me that does not sound very good. I regularly troll at 3.3 mph and travel at full speed to get out to where I am going to fish. To me that sounds like I would down to about 6 miles. It also sounds like I would probably need three batteries for a day of trolling.

What are your thoughts on this subject? If I had the Torqueedo, it would be used on a ProAngler. Are any of you using the motor on a Torqueedo? What type of performance do you get from your motor, regardless of kayak type?

Thanks, just giving this some thought.

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
    Alright, I have heard alot of talk about the Torqueedo motors for kayaks. I am somewhat familiar with them as we sell them at West Marine. However, everyone including the company are vague about the battery life. From those who have used them, what are you experiencing, as to battery life from those motors? The company likes to say that the motor and battery will take you 13 miles at 2 mph. To me that does not sound very good. I regularly troll at 3.3 mph and travel at full speed to get out to where I am going to fish. To me that sounds like I would down to about 6 miles. It also sounds like I would probably need three batteries for a day of trolling.

What are your thoughts on this subject? If I had the Torqueedo, it would be used on a ProAngler. Are any of you using the motor on a Torqueedo? What type of performance do you get from your motor, regardless of kayak type?

Thanks, just giving this some thought.

Hey Guy ......... I think your info is incorrect. Might be from the older (pre 10/2010) ........ the newer batteries go 28.8 miles @ 2.6 mph and 15 miles @ 3.7 mph ....... and there will probably be more improvements .......

Shadyfisher has the Evolve which is the same sans the 3 blade prop ....... don't know the year battery though ....... hope to get the charger soon so I can test the one I have .........

http://www.torqeedo.com/us/hn/produc...-run-time.html

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      Hey Guy ......... I think your info is incorrect. Might be from the older (pre 10/2010) ........ the newer batteries go 28.8 miles @ 2.6 mph and 15 miles @ 3.7 mph ....... and there will probably be more improvements .......

Shadyfisher has the Evolve which is the same sans the 3 blade prop ....... don't know the year battery though ....... hope to get the charger soon so I can test the one I have .........

http://www.torqeedo.com/us/hn/produc...-run-time.html
      You may be right, that is about the last time that I talked to a factory rep about the ultralight motor for kayaks.

Rick: I would be real interested in how your motor runs. Like I told you, I am interested in the ProAngler, but I can not get a fix on the motor set up.
      Last edited by DOGFISH; 10-27-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X