roosevelt in the lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roosevelt in the lights

Decided to go fish Roosevelt at 930pm last night got there at 1130. Tide was going out..and fast. I've never experienced current this strong it was awesome. The coast guard lights were out so I worked the lit private peers from 1130the pm until 330am. Stopped counting rock after 16. Some sinks but most were 19-26" class. The odd thing was NO BLUES... I was hoping for some to go for flounder even though I doubt they are still around here. Would have been better if the coast guard lights were on.

Side note. Found a massive gray trigger carcass on the boat ramp. It was larger then the 4lb'r I got earlier this year. Ill post the pic of it when I get to a computer.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Sounds like fun... Im guessing you need a Delaware license to fish there?
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Gotta love when you lose count of the fish. Do you know why the lights were out?
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Yes you need a de license to fish there. No idea why the lights were out but there are alot of piers with lights in that area. Most productive lures were a zman black jerk shad rigged on a 7o worm hook fished weightless and a mirrolure suspending twitchbait with only the back treble. Multiple trebles scare me.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Cool. Sounds like an awesome night. Fast trip, too.
          Where do you put a kayak in in that area?

Comment

Pinch ....... ya done it again buddy ....... great job !!!!

BTW ......... have you tried the black sluggos out there ........

Comment

No flounders? I wanted to go there one more time before the year ends.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

There is a public boat ramp there at Roosevelt. Haven't tried sluggos yet, I like the zman because they are bluefish resistant.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Pinch - keep up the good work; i truly envy the fishing knowledge you're gathering. and thx for the report! i used to windsurf NE winds from the beach just a few hundred yards to the east. but didn't pay attention or realize the inlet being there.

looking at satellite view, that place looks like a fish magnet. and i look fwd to checking it out next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X