Fall Bite in Full Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Bite in Full Effect

After reading through some of the other posts on this forum, it seems as though there are several of you on here that are pretty interested in togs. So here ya go...

Trout, Stripers, Tog and more!

http://www.angling-addict.com/2011/1...ll-effect.html

Nice work man!! as always
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Great Report Rob! You make me want to make a trip down to the Tidewater area soon.....

Comment

Nice work on all the togs and sheep, Rob. I don't know how you guys fish 'round the clock like that.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Wow! If had a trip 10% that good I would be happy! Thanks for sharing. How's the fishing usually down there around thanksgiving?
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Wow, that's my model fishing trip for togs. Now I'm re-motivated
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks guys. It was definitely a good day. Ictalurus, I'm sure as I get older, I won't be able to pull those crazy hours

Shady, I'm not sure how it's going to be around Thanksgiving. It all depends on the water temps. Usually we got the big cow stripers on the brain. We'll see.

Comment

nice job as always!
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Rob,
                  Was catching the two sheeps unexpected? That is, at this time of the season aren't they moving to deeper water so you actually caught strays?

Comment

tufnik, I was surprised last year when I saw a big one pulled up around the same weekend. But not too surprised this year for the second to last weekend in October. Kevin told me he even saw a guy bring in a citation to the shop in November. But I assume it's pretty rare and the vast majority of them have moved. I'd be pretty surprised if I caught one now.

Comment

Have you fished for togs at the Kipto wrecks? Any idea on what we can expect this weekend on togs?

Comment

I have not fished Kiptopeke for togs. But I would have to assume it would be alright.

I just went out yesterday with Kevin, Lee, and 4 other guys to the first island. It was pretty decent. I caught about 15 or so and everybody else did pretty good too. I'll have a full report up soon.

Comment

I'd really like to try togs at CBBT, but it's tough to get the right water and wind conditions when I also have to plan a four hour drive down there.

I was planning to go there Saturday, but the wind forecast doesn't look good. Kipto doesn't seem like a worthwhile alternative for togs.

BTW, have you tried mole crabs and shrimp for togs?

Comment

Kipto could be a decent alternative. Just depends on the day, which like you said could be hard to time. I've used mole crabs, fiddlers, blue crabs, green crabs, and clams. I heard hermit crabs work well too. I've never used shrimp, but it might work.

Comment

Working...
                            X