No Drill Wilderness Systems Depth Finder Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Drill Wilderness Systems Depth Finder Mount

With all the talk about mounting depth finders i thought I would share how I mounted my PirannaMax 170 on my tarpon 160. This uses the slide trax mounting system parts from Mad Frog Gear and a pelican 1040 box to hold the 8 AA batteries.

Liquid Logic Manta Ray 12
    Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160

nice...those new tarpons are pretty sick!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Very cool. Does it get in the way of paddling?
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Awesome Setup

That's an awesome setup for a slide track kayak!

I'll keep that in mind for down the road.

Sweet!

Comment

It is just in front of my normal paddle stroke. if I reach a little further forward than normal I can bump it, but that doesn't happen very often.
          Liquid Logic Manta Ray 12
          Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160

Comment

nice looking setup all around!

Comment

Cool set-up. I wanted to do that with my PMax 170, but my Prowler Trident doesn't have rails. Instead, I used the thru-scupper hole transducer.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

As I read the first few words of your post title, my brain jumped to the conclusion that you were talking about oil and gas development and no drilling in wilderness areas. For the past 20 years, I have studied environmental issues affecting the oil and gas industry. I couldn't understand why we were talking about oil and gas on this board.

Once I finished reading the full title, I realized that the post was on a completely different topic. It sure pays to read the whole thing through before jumping to conclusions.

P.S. the FF setup looks good.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  Cool set-up. I wanted to do that with my PMax 170, but my Prowler Trident doesn't have rails. Instead, I used the thru-scupper hole transducer.

Yak Attack just released their newest addition to their product line... It's a track system that works with the mighty mount, rams, and scotty's I believe.

I can't seem to find the link to it at the moment but it is set to release in November I believe.

Comment

Working...
                  X