PDA

View Full Version : Cbbt 10/16

Shady
10-16-2011, 10:55 PM
It wasnt as rough out there today at the CBBT as it was last night at the HRBT, but I didnt have much success.

To start off, I couldn't coax myself out of bed until 7 this morning after the long night last night at the HRBT and I wanted to leave by 12 to catch most of the Ravens game, so that didnt leave much time. I went all the way out to the first island which I later decided was a poor decision because all that travel time out there and back in could have been more fishing time on some of the closer pilings. Also, since I didnt get a full charge on my battery for my torqueedo last night, it died about halfway in, so I had to peddle the rest of the way when I was dead tired. I only caught 2 toadfish out there on bluecrab, one of them was pretty big and i was hopping it was a tog on the way up, but nope. I tried using clams out there too and had a lot of nibbles but no hookups. It was nice meeting everyone at the HRBT last night. Hopefully we get some better fishing next time...

Memory Maker
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Sorry I missed you guys but I was beat ......... Sat night and had to get home on Sunday ........ glad you got out ........ hope to catch up with you next time .....

Shady
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Sorry I missed your call yesterday, I think I was packing up and loading up the yak at the time.

Memory Maker
10-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Sorry I missed your call yesterday, I think I was packing up and loading up the yak at the time.

Not a problem .,....... figured you were to busy reelin em in .......

tufnik
10-17-2011, 05:11 PM
We should have fished Kipto with HokieDJ on Saturday. Winds were predicted to be high so I chickened out. Went to Rudee Inlet instead. Anyway, HokieDJ caught togs and other fish there. His friend did well too.

I would have joined you at CBBT Sunday morning, but I was beat and went home. As I drove over HRBT toward home the wind and waves were pretty calm. I was almost tempted to turn around to fish there again.

Anyway, good to meet and fish with you Ryan.

Shady
10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
After the poor fishing that I had at CBBT, I really wish I would have fished HRBT again sunday morning to try to get a keeper flounder or lynnhaven for croaker/specs. Of course, I didnt jig at all for flounder at CBBT so maybe a different gameplan there would have worked out better. There were a ton of boats out by the first island and I barely saw anyone reel anything in. I saw a few catch toads and one Tog. The person that caught the Tog got real excited and then left. It was pretty comical. Anyways, bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work as I sit at my desk dreaming about being back on my yak again.