Cbbt 10/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbbt 10/16

It wasnt as rough out there today at the CBBT as it was last night at the HRBT, but I didnt have much success.

To start off, I couldn't coax myself out of bed until 7 this morning after the long night last night at the HRBT and I wanted to leave by 12 to catch most of the Ravens game, so that didnt leave much time. I went all the way out to the first island which I later decided was a poor decision because all that travel time out there and back in could have been more fishing time on some of the closer pilings. Also, since I didnt get a full charge on my battery for my torqueedo last night, it died about halfway in, so I had to peddle the rest of the way when I was dead tired. I only caught 2 toadfish out there on bluecrab, one of them was pretty big and i was hopping it was a tog on the way up, but nope. I tried using clams out there too and had a lot of nibbles but no hookups. It was nice meeting everyone at the HRBT last night. Hopefully we get some better fishing next time...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Sorry I missed you guys but I was beat ......... Sat night and had to get home on Sunday ........ glad you got out ........ hope to catch up with you next time .....

Comment

Sorry I missed your call yesterday, I think I was packing up and loading up the yak at the time.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
        Sorry I missed your call yesterday, I think I was packing up and loading up the yak at the time.
        Not a problem .,....... figured you were to busy reelin em in .......

Comment

We should have fished Kipto with HokieDJ on Saturday. Winds were predicted to be high so I chickened out. Went to Rudee Inlet instead. Anyway, HokieDJ caught togs and other fish there. His friend did well too.

I would have joined you at CBBT Sunday morning, but I was beat and went home. As I drove over HRBT toward home the wind and waves were pretty calm. I was almost tempted to turn around to fish there again.

Anyway, good to meet and fish with you Ryan.
          Last edited by tufnik; 10-17-2011, 04:19 PM.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

After the poor fishing that I had at CBBT, I really wish I would have fished HRBT again sunday morning to try to get a keeper flounder or lynnhaven for croaker/specs. Of course, I didnt jig at all for flounder at CBBT so maybe a different gameplan there would have worked out better. There were a ton of boats out by the first island and I barely saw anyone reel anything in. I saw a few catch toads and one Tog. The person that caught the Tog got real excited and then left. It was pretty comical. Anyways, bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work as I sit at my desk dreaming about being back on my yak again.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
            X