HRBT then CBBT this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRBT then CBBT this weekend

My plans are finally set for this weekend. I will be duck hunting in the am near baltimore on Saturday and then heading down to Virginia beach. I plan to fish the HRBT light line Saturday night, but Im not sure if I want to fish the North end or South end. I will be targeting Striper and Flounder. Sunday morning I plan to fish the CBBT out to the first island for sheepshead, flounder, tog, croaker, blues, whatever wil bite... I know that some others are heading down, let me know if you want to meet up to fish together....
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Hope to head down there Friday for night fishing at Kipto this week. Probably fish at FI Sat morning. I should know tomorrow about getting off work Friday.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
      My plans are finally set for this weekend. I will be duck hunting in the am near baltimore on Saturday and then heading down to Virginia beach. I plan to fish the HRBT light line Saturday night, but Im not sure if I want to fish the North end or South end. I will be targeting Striper and Flounder. Sunday morning I plan to fish the CBBT out to the first island for sheepshead, flounder, tog, croaker, blues, whatever wil bite... I know that some others are heading down, let me know if you want to meet up to fish together....
      Shady,
      I found two weeks ago that I could not get into FT Monroe at night. I was blocked by the guard at around 9:00PM. There is a nice marina you can launch once you pass the gate to North side of HRBT. You may be able to get in during the day time and stay over night FT Monroe once you are in.
      The depths of water is about 2-12ft if I remember correctly, and the north side is always calm almost.
      Other launch place toward HRBT, I know is not good at night for many reasons.

Launch: at FT Monroe marina – I paid $3 two years ago

The south side of HRBT is OK with the wind at 10mph. But other than that or North wind (NE, N, NW) may not be comfortable a bit at night.

Launch: Willoughy Public boat ramp (free) 1200 Bayville St, Norfolk, VA

====
      Here is the backup place I can think of:

You can always go to Rudee Inlet as back up day or night for (speck, redfish, and Flounder) the depth of water is 3-12’ I think. Small and very protected

Rudee Launch (Free) : 715 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach

=======

LynnHaven can be a daytime backup place for speck and redfish when the wind is strong. Water depth is 3-6’ (east side). Depth of water in channel or main water is 9-17’

Lynnhaven launch - (There is an unattended deposit box. Insert $3 into a small slot that matches your parking lot number) address: 3576 Piedmont cir., Virginia Beach

At night, at wind less than 10 mph, or East wind less than 12 mph, you will be ok at Kipto But you pay toll for CBBT once $17 last year and + state park fee

====
      If I can fish Saturday I will be fishing Kipto between 9 and 4 PM

Call me for any reason at 703 282 3816

joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Joe,
        Thanks for the information. I think some of us from here will be launching by the north end of the Mellen st bridge in order to fish the north end of the HRBT. Winds are forecasted to lay down some after sunset on saturday, so hopefully it wont be too bad. Last year I fished this area twice. The first night I launched at the ft monroe marina and the second night I launched by the mellen st bridge and it was so much easier than going through getting into the fort and then having to pay to launch at the marina. Also, Ft Monroe was decomissioned last month and has been taken over by the city, but the marina has remained military and I believe they are no longer allowing use of the marina at least for launching kayaks.

Rudee or Lynhaven could be a good backup for sunday morning if the waters look a little too rough out at the CBBT.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Shadyfisher,

I once launched from the Mullen st in the evening and fished the bridge and caught many schoolie. I am not fishing tomorrow (Sat). The wind will be strong tomorrow. Have a safe and nice trip.

joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
          X