• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishfinder Setup

Here is my fishfinder setup on the hobie revo
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Nice install, I am planning on going the same way with a GOOP plug and a flush mount Scotty. I am thinking about putting mine above the foot well though to avoid affecting my paddle stroke, not a factor for the Hobie I'd say...
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Looks good, it's working right

I've been doing a ton of research on the fish finder install. I have the same walmart drybox....anyway it looks par to all the information I've found. Good luck

Comment

Yeah, it works good. I filled the bottom of the foam tube with vaseline. I think it works much better than goop or silicone.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

so did you silicone the spunge down then put vasiline in? my battery box is a little more rustic, just a plano box with foam cut to fit the battery 7 amp 12v lasts forever

Comment

i used goop to glue down the sponge then i filled it up with vaseline. i've used used goop on the transduce but it never worked right for me. vaseline seems to work better for me.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

What keeps the transducer from moving around in the foam/vaseline?
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

the foam holds the transducer in place. when cuuting out the foam, make the hole a bit smaller than the transducer so it fits in there snuggley.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

drybox for install

where did you get your drybox for the battery install of the fishfinder are you able to drill a hole through it or did you just drape the cord over the ridge, I imagine your using goop to secure and make waterproof.......i have any idea to hold it against the floor of my yak. was going to use velcro on bottom of box to hold in place. that way you can unclip and remove without it sliding around while out on the water.
                  Last edited by fjarhead; 06-07-2010, 03:09 PM. Reason: needed to add info

Comment

i bought that box at walmart in the camping section...i think they are about $10. i drilled a hole and put a wire seal that I bought at westmarine. Goop is the cheaper way to go and works the same. i dont have anything securing it to the bottom, there is an area in the revo hatch where it fits tightly and doesnt move.
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

i up graded from the cuda 300 to lowrance X67C. what a difference! used the same transducer works perfect and the color is very nice. i can actually tell bottom type now and has a split screen to zoom either the bottom or top water column.

Comment

I used a 2-part epoxy on my transducer last year and it worked all season then came loose over the winter. I put it back in with GOOP and couldn't get a reading other than temp so I thought it must be air bubbles in the GOOP. I removed it, scraped off the GOOP and tried again. Still no reading. I took it out this morning and just held it in the water. I can hear the transducer pinging but I am still only getting a temp reading. I don't know if it just malfunctioned or I if I damaged it scraping off the epoxy and glue. It did leave some scratches. I ordered a new transducer this morning. I am going to try the foam and vaseline this time.

Comment

it might not be the transducer, a pin could be corroded or the ff might be malfunctioning. i use 100% clear silacone, have had the transd pop of but its easy to reinstall, just clean the area and scuff up the plastic and clean again then stick the transd back in place.

Comment

It was the transducer. I put the new one in with GOOP and went out yesterday and it worked great.

Comment

Working...
                            X