Holy COW.....4/3/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy COW.....4/3/10

Stupidjet and I hit the bay again this morning. Left the house around 8 and were in the water by 9:30. We trolled around for most of the morning without any hits or bites. The current was ripping through pretty good. It made it difficult to maneuver and steer the yak but we trolled away. Come noon time, jet lands a 17incher on a tandem. After that jet decides to give the pipe a try and I stay around the bridge circling, zig zaggin, and more circling. Finally, my reel goes off. I look back thinking I might be snagged on a pylon but it was a good distant away....FISH ON! As soon as I start reeling it in the I new it was cow. It started taking line and wanting to go deeper, almost flipped me a couple of times. Around 42"+ It was hard to get an accurate measurement but it was well over 40inches. We then trolled around for another 40min but got nothing else. Overall, it was a great day to be out on the water and even better to land some fish.

Tight Lines
    GS
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

yeah, i left to throw some lures at the pipe...damn. wish i could have seen ya land her. the dink i caught had a growth of sort on its eye...ew.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

that's a nice fish

Comment

I saw this picture on the DNR website. Awesome job!

Comment

Working...
        X