Bay Bridge 4.2.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 4.2.10

I had the day off so hit up the bay bridge for some jiggin, trolling and even soaking some bloods. Too bad when I got there, I realized I forgot basically all my tackle! Fortunately, I still had some parachutes and a wood plug from a couple weeks ago in the hatch, so the day wasn't lost. Of course I wanted to sleep in so I didn't get on the water until 11AM with an outgoing tide. I trolled the east side of the main span, zig zagin between the two spand and even went north and found the sewer pipe. Marked tons of fish and schools of bait on the fish finder but only one 12lb, 30 incher wanted to play. I was stopped twice by DNR. The first Officers checked my license and asked to see my lures to make sure the barbs were crushed and check if I had the necessary safety equipment. The second Officers just wanted to make sure fishermen were aware of the new regulations, being no stinger/trailing hooks, crushing your barbs, and NOAA card. Both were intrigued that I was fishing from a kayak. lol They were cool and I'm glad they are out patrolling. Anyways, I was off the water by 3pm and got some decent footage, so hopefully will be able to make a video soon.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

awesome report. i wish i could of been out on the water today. thats crazy that dnr stopped you. I've never been stopped by dnr on the kayak. hopefully i can get on some striper action tomorrow.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

stupidjet, what exactly were they looking for as far as safety equipment?

Comment

basically a life jacket and a horn or whistle. i also carry a signaling mirror and fisrt aid kit just in case. from sunset to sunrise, a visual distress signal of some sort is required.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X