Romancoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romancoke

is it easy to launch from romancoke? there is space to the left next to the rocks, right?
    sigpic

there is a small ramp on the left, be careful at the bottom it's slick as snot. got soaked last year when i forgot to hold on to the rail.

Comment

Romancoke is okay to kayak just expensive to park there.I used to fish there a lot before I had a kayak.Now it is hard to give up all the structure and columns at the Baybridge to fish open water unless I am trolling.If you know what I mean.Love casting to them columns when the currents are ripping past them.

Comment

i like to roam around to new places, new scenery and all that. if you get the queen anne ramp pass you don't have to pay the $10 fee at peak or coke to use the ramps

Comment

is that the same pass that works at kent narrows?
          sigpic

Comment

yes

Comment

Last summer I launched from romancoke and by the time I got the buoy just beyond the pier I was surrounded by fish. I then paddled down to bloody point and found even more fish. Just below romancoke there is a cove that holds lots of fish during late summer. Look it up on NOAA, they call it fish heaven.

Comment

How long does it take you to go from Romancoke to Bloodypoint?
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

its about six miles, so when you only paddle,not peddle it took me about 2 hours. coming back I got caught in a storm, I had 25 mph head winds with 3 foot waves. It took 5 hours to get back.

Comment

^wow! that must have been crazy getting caught in a storm that far away!
                    sigpic

Comment

5 hrs, that must of been a workout.
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by bomedsquad View Post
                        Last summer I launched from romancoke and by the time I got the buoy just beyond the pier I was surrounded by fish. I then paddled down to bloody point and found even more fish. Just below romancoke there is a cove that holds lots of fish during late summer. Look it up on NOAA, they call it fish heaven.
                        are we talking about rockfish, blues, and flounder, or spot, perch, etc?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                          are we talking about rockfish, blues, and flounder, or spot, perch, etc?
                          you left out cow nose rays

Comment

Working...
                          X