Jackson Coosa Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Coosa Review

So first off... I super stoked that I have a 2nd kayak.

The features of the Coosa are awesome.

Hull: very flat and super stable, very easy to stand and fish

Raised seat: very comfy, easier to cast

rear rod holder: angled great so when I get snagged a bunch my rods don't tangle in the trees

side rod holders: they are okay

rod holder grooves: perfect, i set the rod butt on the seat and rod resting in the grooves when I paddle

Tracks well, but I have only fished it in a lake with zero current or waves.

Haven't used the hatches for anything, but they seat cool, they have latch were you can lock them.

Cons: the front handle has a cloth type cover and my hook as snagged at a few times

Overall: very happy with it!!

Good review so far! I'm curious, what makes you not like the side holders? I thought they'd be very useful.

You'll have to give us a video of the stand up fishing! You should definitely take that thing on a snakehead hunt!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I have one too and I like it a lot. I've not fished from any other kayak, but I do get the impression that the Coosa is probably not as fast as some of the other options out there, but of course that's a trade-off for stability. It's not terrible though, I took it out in the Albemarle Sound down in NC and was able to get around pretty well, even on a windy day and with tides.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
        Good review so far! I'm curious, what makes you not like the side holders? I thought they'd be very useful.

You'll have to give us a video of the stand up fishing! You should definitely take that thing on a snakehead hunt!
        The reel either hangs over the inside of the kayak or over the outside. so I hit it a few times with the paddle and then if I hang it on the inside I sometimes kicked it.

Comment

Do you still have the Coosa? Have you seen and tried the new Jackson Cuda? I'm interested in the Cuda. Suppose to be the ocean version of the Coosa.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
          X