Camp Wright Information from Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Wright Information from Today

I went to Camp Wright this morning to look around and see which would be a better launch for my Pro Angler, either Camp Wright or Matapeake. I met Marty, grounds keeper, and he gave me a couple bits of information so I am sharing it to all.

Marty said they opened the East Village cabins for use today and took me for a tour. He spoke to the assistant director of the camp and said individuals can rent the cabins for the night at $20 per person. No minimum and you do not have to pay for the entire cabin just the $20 per person. Each of the three opened cabins can sleep around 12 or so. They have bunk beds and some single beds all with mattresses. So all you need is your sleeping bag to put on top. You still need other camping equipment like lamps, flashlights, etc. However they are well off the ground and, in my opinion, worth the investment of $20. They have canvas covers over screen wire which can be rolled up if you wish.

You can make arrangements to get a space in an East Village cabin by going to the main office when you get in on Friday and pay the $20. You still have the choice of camping in the wet field if you wish.

I have attached pictures of the East Village cabins and the Camp Wright launch beach. Marty also said they can take their tractor and a trailer they have, put the kayaks on it, and take them close to the launch area since you cannot drive across the very wet fields.

When you come up the driveway to Camp Wright you can see how wet the ground is by all the LARGE fallen trees around the roadway. Marty and his crew have been keeping up on cutting the trees to keep the road open.

I included a map with the camp site, launch area, and East Village cabins location.
    Attached Files

Forgot beach pictures

The attached pictures shows the sail cabin and the road to the left that leads to the beach launch.
    Attached Files

Comment

The place looks great and the water doesn't look bad either ........

Comment

Tenitng/Camping

On the Fly,

Thanks for taking the pictures and checking out the place.

If anyone decides to rent cabin please check with us first when you register. We are paying for tenting for each participant to have use of camp for entire weekend.

If you decide to rent cabin and have paid your enrty fee we can apply part of it to your cabin cost

Bryan

Comment

With all of this rain I am starting to think about a cabin. I will have to take a look at things when I get there. But I am thinking (dry) cabin.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
            The place looks great and the water doesn't look bad either ........
            wait till they open all the gates at conowingo dam tomorrow all this rain is bad for everybody near the susky from NY to port deposit. conowingo hasnt opened 50 gates since hurricane agnes 40 years ago

thanks for checking that out, looks much better than tenting on soggy fields

see you all tomorrow
            Last edited by surfdog; 09-08-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Great pics, On the fly. MM is right, the place does look great. And the bay as well... As of today. Let's hope the muddy mess and debris stays upstream through Saturday about mid-day. Surf does make a point of inevitability. Maybe it'll stay on the Western shore...

Those cabins look good. Me and the missus were planning to tent camp. I'm running a chase boat during the event so I might very well just stay on the boat!

Comment

Thanks for the pix great and that you made it down there to scout things out. How far is the parking lot to the actual launch beach? Looks like a sludge through the mud from the pix.

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                Great pics, On the fly. MM is right, the place does look great. And the bay as well... As of today. Let's hope the muddy mess and debris stays upstream through Saturday about mid-day. Surf does make a point of inevitability. Maybe it'll stay on the Western shore...

Those cabins look good. Me and the missus were planning to tent camp. I'm running a chase boat during the event so I might very well just stay on the boat!

Comment

The parking lot is approx 300 yards from launch beach. But as I stated in the begining of this thread Marty said he could possibly use his farm tractor and large trailer to put kayaks on and shuttle close to launch area.

Comment

And the trailer will carry a fully rigged yak? Will need assistance to load and unload at the beach.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                    X