Electric Kayak Division Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Kayak Division Prizes

Hey guys, hate to keep bringing up this separate division topic but I have a question...

I see the prizes clearly laid out for the kayaks competing under human power (paddle/peddle). I see it saying that EK prize will be set up based upon number of entrants in that division.

I suck at fishing, so I need as many shots as I can get to win something lol. Can I make my decision to motor or paddle at launch time?

Have you guys got a ballpark estimate of how many motorized participants we may have? I understand the basing of prizes on the # of EK entrants, just wanna know if anything has been determined thus far. My mode of propulsion will probably be solely based off of prizes. How late can I change my mind?
    <insert witty comment here>

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
    Hey guys, hate to keep bringing up this separate division topic but I have a question...

I see the prizes clearly laid out for the kayaks competing under human power (paddle/peddle). I see it saying that EK prize will be set up based upon number of entrants in that division.

I suck at fishing, so I need as many shots as I can get to win something lol. Can I make my decision to motor or paddle at launch time?

Have you guys got a ballpark estimate of how many motorized participants we may have? I understand the basing of prizes on the # of EK entrants, just wanna know if anything has been determined thus far. My mode of propulsion will probably be solely based off of prizes. How late can I change my mind?
    We have three electric kayaks entered, there will be at least one prize for longest fish any species. Probably $100-$200 in store gift ceritficates.

Yes, you can decide at last minute what division you will enter.

SLAM (combined length, striped bass, bluefish and white perch) for angler powered kayaks will be at least $300 in prizes for first place, $200 for second and $100 for third.

Striped bass will be at least $125 for 1st, plus 2nd and third place prizes.

There will also be prizes for longest bluefish, white perch and spot for angler powered kayaks.

For angler powered there will be some special sponsor prizes, like longest striped bass caught in a Hobie and a special BKD prize if longest striped bass is caught on one of their lures!

We won't know for sure all the prizes until the Captain's Meeting, we still have sponsors donating

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated!

Comment

I am one of the three in the EK division and may consider going Angler powered due to the number of additional prizes available... Turbo fins are due to arrive tomorrow... I guess if two people dropout of the EK division the third can win by catching a 5 inch white perch! lol Guess it will be a game time decision!
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Is it me, you, and tufnik?

Comment

electric division

I'm the other electric kayak. I wouldn't be worried about my fishing prowess. I haven had much luck lately. Looking forward to a fun weekend though.

Comment

Look forward to fishing with ya!

Comment

No E-yak this time, MM. Will be doing pedal power on my Outback
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

cool beans! see ya on the water

Comment

I just put a motor on my kayak, so I probably will join the ek division.
                    Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

opps didn't see that this is an old thread.
                      Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

Working...
                      X