Bay Bridge 3.21.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 3.21.10

Grilled Sardine and I splashed our yaks for the first time this year at Hemmingways. We're on the hunt to catch and release some monster rockfish. Too bad we couldnt find them! We planned on setting sail at 8AM but when I began to load my kayak into the truck, I noticed i had never fixed my drive unit for the hobie which broke last year. I had the parts on hand, but just never fixed it! Well, a few hours later, we finally got to the beach and were in the water at 1230.

Off we went with a heading to the shipping channel. 30 minutes later, between the two bridge spans, fish on! Reeled in a lively 30 incher, man did it feel good after a long winter and non existant fall run for me. Too bad it was going to be the only fish for me today, although i did get one other knock down, but it wasnt meant to be. Trolled back and forth between the two spans and even headed north along the east edge for a while. I didnt have too many marks on the fish finder, but enough.

Grilled Sardine ended up with 3 dinks, between 16" and 20".

We ended up trolling for 4 hours and over 13 miles. Great to be back on the water. I was planning on making a video, but my footage didnt turn out to be the best this time around, so hopefully next time.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

It was a great way to start out the season. The bay was like glass when we got there, very few boaters out, and spectacular weather.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

WTG you two..

GB

Comment

Nice way to start the season!

Comment

Working...
        X