Brand spankin new...to MD and kayaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand spankin new...to MD and kayaking

I'm glad I found this forum. I live in Richmond VA, and I fish for the monster cats..or the mini cats...any fish really.
    My brother just bought a place in Stevensville MD. right after the Bay Bridge. I think Kent Island. He has a boat landing area behind his house and we plan to do some kayaking.
    I've never been in a kayak even though the James River is in my backyard.
    I finally was able to buy the Trophy 126 fishing kayak and this weekend I'm driving up to MD to kayak for the first time ever. I've been online, watched the youtube videos to death, ready pages upon pages to death...
    I will not be fishing yet till I learn the kayak.
    Any advise?
    I wish I could remember the name of the area my brother lives but its behind the FoodLion right after the bridge...
    O well I'll be on the water this weekend for sure
    and I'm really glad I found this forum.
    thanks for being here.
    David

Welcome and thanks for joining. Winter has been kinda dead here but hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll have a bunch of pics and fishing reports here.
    Im gonna clean my yak this weekend. Its been sitting outside the whole winter but ill post some pics of my rig to give you some ideas.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

I'm sitting here and looking at my kayak on the deck. I plan to be on the water by noonish...I'll be launching from the boat landing behind the townhouses on Thompson creek..

later
      David

Comment

yes, please post a report!
        sigpic

Comment

day out

Well here are some basic pics, I guess the will upload.
          I'm not on my computer...
          Anyhow, one is me, the other is my brother, and one is a huge boat I wouldn't want flying beside me while I'm fishing.
          I fish the James River in VA and the huge bardges that go buy make little sunamies. I would not like to be near them either.
          O well I didn't tip over, but then again I was only in Thompson Creek.
          I had fun.
          Attached Files

Comment

sweet pics. did you end up fishing?
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X